IELTS WRITING TASK 2 - RISKS-TAKING (the advantages of taking risks overweigh the disadvantages?)

khangdo1712 1 / -  

TAKING RISKS

It is important for people to take risks, both in their professional lives and their personal lives?
Do you think the advantages of taking risks overweigh the disadvantages?

Trying ro do those things which are widely considered dangerous seems uncommon among the majority. People always have a fear of unknown things and its consequences. To my mind, regaraless of all following consequences, taking risks gives more benifirs than potential dangers.

On the one hand , people seem to have a fear of the unknown things, which is an explainable feeling, taking risks means people have to exchange what they are possessing such as their proverty, their house or even their lives; Therefore not many people want to gamble for an uncertain reward. For example, an entrepreneur of a lucrative company takes risks investing in a smaller firm, but later this firm bankrupts and leads to his company on the brink of collapse. People will be more inclined into maintaining their achievement than change it.

On the other hand, it is apparent that unforeseen opportunities often come from risk-takings. Endeavouring to do new things is not only give you more experiences but also broaden your horizon. Although you could lose when taking risks, yet the lesson you receive from it is more treasurable. For instance, a risky traveller seems always posing a threat to his life; however, he has gained a comprehensive understanding about the word by his own experience. Taking risks will give people a wonderful insight that they may not be aware of before.

In summary, taking risks, even in work or in life, provides people with more benefits than drawbacks . It give opportunitiy for every individuals to gain new knowledge, new experience.
The prompt restatement is problematic in the sense that while it does reference fear, it does not accurately represent the types of fear that were indicated in the original presentation. Therefore, the rewording is inaccurate and not applicable to the written conversation. In fairness, the writer's opinion is on point and represents his response to the topic in a clear manner. All that is missing from that opinion presentation is the summary of reasons his opinions are based upon.

Reasoning based on professional and personal lives are not well developed. The discussion does not fully represent an instance that would help add clarity to the sometimes confusing claims being made in each paragraph. The discussion tends to deviate from the expected discussion paragraphs and reasons.

Spelling is also a problem for the writer, who does not bother to spellcheck his presentation and correct the wrong spelling and word formations. Do not expect to gain good scores in the LR and GRA sections.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 2 - RISKS-TAKING (the advantages of taking risks overweigh the disadvantages?)