It is said that the government should invest more money in the budget for train lines than highways

Governments should spend money on railways rather than roads

It is said that the government should invest more money in the budget for train lines than highways. From my perspective, I strongly agree with this opinion when I think that moving around by train can bring many benefits to our lives.

The first reason I want to mention is that it can make a safer and faster mode of transportation. Firstly, we can see from the reality that most accidents today have occurred on the roads. For example, in the USA, the death rate of private vehicles has always been more than 0,4 in the last decades, while the number of trains has been under 0,1. The statistic for trains is lower because some individuals do not obey the law. We can make safe trips for everyone by giving the driving role to the professionals. In addition, vehicles on railways are faster than cars, motorbikes, and buses, so people can get to work earlier when they use this means of transportation.

Another significant factor in spending money on railways is the benefits to the environment. When hundreds of people prefer trains to their cars, tons of emissions will be reduced, and that is very advantageous for our lives. We will get fewer diseases caused by the smoke of vehicles, such as asthma and lung cancer. Furthermore, there will be less noise pollution in the future if citizens go by train more often. That means people will not feel annoyed and depressed while driving on the highways.

To sum up, rulers should put money into improving the railways for the cities as it will make a safer and faster way to travel and reduce pollutants.
The statistic for trains is lower because some individuals do not obey the law.

I am not sure what you mean by this. You cannot compare the statistics for highways to that of trains because those are 2 different types of roads. They cannot be compared using the same specifics since the railroad does not function in the same way as a highway. That line of reasoning is incorrect.

The second reasoning paragraph is sound and believable. You did well in that paragraph presentation. The next problem appeared in the concluding paragraph. You have not properly summarized the discussion in this paragraph. You need to have done more in terms of the reverse presentation. Additionally, you did not use the 2 sentence, 40 word presentation as required for this paragraph.

Home / Writing Feedback / It is said that the government should invest more money in the budget for train lines than highways