Essay about schools preparing students for university instead of jobs

Matt1313 4 / 7  

Schools should prepare students for work rather than university.

To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Education has become a must for people everywhere in the world. Schools should aim to make pupils ready for jobs instead of post-graduate studies. Personally, I completely agree with this statement due to the fact that many students cannot attend universities and other who do must work alongside.

Many students are unable to pursue further studies after schools. In other words, some pupils might not have the adequate financial resources to continue education, while others may not see themselves capable of keeping up academically with the demanding studies of university. Hence, if they are not adequately prepared for jobs, they will struggle immensely after school. Many of my classmates from school were live examples, because they could not bare the financial expenses of post-graduate education and remained without a job because they were not prepared for it.

Additionally, even if someone enrolls in a university, that person must still work in order to keep up with the university's financial expenses. This is because unlike school, where education is free and the expenses that do come up are paid by the either the student's guardian or parent, universities have greater costs and students are expected to pay for It themselves. For instance, I had to take up a part time job to make sure that I was able to get all the required textbooks and other required material in time. Thus, the more you are ready to take jobs, the easier your life will be without concern for your educational choices.

In conclusion, I believe schools should teach skills needed for jobs rather than preparing students only for universities. This is mainly because many students are unable to pursue higher education after school and even if they do, being job ready will certainly prove fruitful.
The prompt restatement + personal opinion paragraph should only be 2 sentences long for agree or disagree and extent essays. That is because the prompt paraphrasing does not require a personal opinion at the start. That should be a part of the personal opinion sentence. The 3 sentence paragraph is used in the discuss both views and give your opinion writing instruction since there are 2 public opinions to individually state plus a personal opinion to establish.

Even though he has the potential to score well based on this writing (the other essays he presented were non-passing), the writer is constantly making the same errors in his first paragraph presentation throughout various essays including this one regardless of the corrections given. He is incapable of learning from corrections so this will be the last advice I will be giving him. It is senseless for me to continue advising him.

Home / Writing Feedback / Essay about schools preparing students for university instead of jobs