My sculpture paper, Emile Antoine Bourdelle

MoeMoe1 13 / 75  
This is due tomorrow so please anyone help me ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!

This is my first draft of my paper, I think its unorganized so please if anyone can help me organize it and add/remove/edit anything criteria to:

Step 2: Take detailed descriptive notes on the work you chose. This should consist of a description of the work as you see it. What is going on in the image? What colors are being used? What is the style, subject matter, etc? You should have enough notes on the artwork so that you can write approximately three (3) typed pages on it.

Step 3: Note the artist's name, the title of the work, the medium in which it is made, the date of the work and the size or approximate size of the work. Much of this factual information will be on the wall label next to the artwork.

Step 4: Make a rough sketch of the way the artwork looks. This sketch will not be graded, but it must be included in your draft that you turn in to me. The sketch will help you to remember the details of the image. I will not accept a postcard or photograph of the image, although you can take/buy one for your own use.

Step 5: Go home and start writing. I would like you to address the following questions in this first part of your paper:

- Why did you choose the museum that you did and what was your experience like there?
- Was this your first visit to an art museum? If yes, why have you never gone before? If not, when did you go in the past and what was your reason for going to museums?

- What was the title and date of the work that you chose? Who was the artist who made the artwork?
- What was it that made you choose this work of art specifically?
- What was your first impression of it?
- What is it that you would like to learn about this work of art or its artist when you research it? (Thesis topic)
- What does it look like (give a full description using the notes you took while in front of the artwork)?

Audience:
Assume that the reader of your paper is not me but someone else (a family friend, a brother or sister, etc.), that is, someone who may not know much about art or who may not know which work you chose. This will help you to write a better, more detailed description of the artwork. However, this does not mean that you should write in an informal manner; this is a college-level assignment and should be treated as such. You might have a friend read over your paper before handing it to me to see if it makes sense to them.

Format:
The paper should include a title, an introductory paragraph and a concluding paragraph.

------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------

I Cant Even Find Perfect Brush for Painting What is Going Through My Mind

Hercules The Archer sculpted beautiful by the French sculptor known as, Emile Antoine Bourdelle. A modern French sculpture standing at 97 inches tall, now in the Metropolitan Museum of Art's was found in Paris (France) between 1874 and 1952. The gold bronzy stone statue is one of the famous sculptures in the 19 century. Hercules was enforcing to destroy a huge flock of man-eating birds at a lake near the town of Stymphalos in Corinthia, Greece. Later than, Hercules was assisted by Athena who gave him a pair of clappers to frighten the birds from their hiding place, he was capable of picking them off with his bow in position of his arrows. The main subject of this sculpture came to mind as a mythological face figure type. Is what I like how everything is present.

My first thought about it was "wow "very impressive figure. Not entirely the hero's achievement over the birds, but also Antoine's victory over his own high-spirited motivation, this work is extraordinary equally for its strain and for its balanced assembly. The change comes from the tendency, of the balance and structure. The nude figure proves the power, energetic liveliness, pulled rigid between the arm bending the bow and the foot braced touching the rock. The reference to ancient Greek sculpture and Roman art the almond fashioned eyes, the nose extending in a straight line from the forehead, cheekbones and brows performing since a modern approach.

The reason why I chose The Metropolitan Museum of Art is because is several reasons. First off, I've been there before so why not go again? I know how to get there and its very staff members that assist you with assignments for school. Secondly, they have a audio type of device where an recorded audio tells you about a certain figure, I was too lazy to write down the information and I just listened and remembered, well that's just me. But lastly, it has a everlasting collected works containing more than two million works of art, separated into nineteen curatorial sections. My experience through my trip and back, was a huge hassle, I had to take three different trains and walk six blocks. At first, I gasped because it was really huge and breath-taking by the amount of people visit. But, after I was browsing around my eyes was surprised by this particular sculpture because of the way it stands out to me, the way it was bent over, muscular overlook, as well for the feet bent on the rock; and the very detailed work done. I went to The Met before, to do a similar assignment for Art History Renaissance, yet I failed the course, due to eye surgery, so therefore I am taking the class over, sadly.

On closer inspection, however the gold bronzy statue the material used and the techniques implied are the tan gold-ish made throughout the figure. The gilding, in which Bourdelle applied the thin layer of gold to a surface, was pretty precise in my eyes and interesting. As well for the metal, alloy and the foundry of the sculpture designed. The iconography of the figure is what pretty much impressed me was the main details which are; man, bare, arch, rock. In addition to it on how it was put in perspective for everyone. The sculpture is in excellent condition from what I can see. The right arm is figured like its pulling the bow string as the right leg is perfectly in place on this rigid immense rock, followed by the left leg roughly placed on the opposite side of the immense rock. The inscriptions indicate on the rock under the left foot state: Antoine/Bourdelle 1909, to the left of the signature: Herakles / Pakanz and under the right foot: Alexis Rudier / Foundry owner Paris. The slight upward tilt of the head and the suggestion of an upward gaze of the eyes. In addition, the back inarched with a straight arm holding the bow indirection to the sky. The statue is very self explanatory to be honest though, unless they're pretty moronic.

Overall my first and only impression was that this specific sculpture captured my attention while browsing and overlooking throughout The Met.
OP MoeMoe1 13 / 75  
anyone?
EF_Team [Moderator] 41 / 222 15  
good work

(this is the comment you left on other students' threads). You don't expect any other comments, do you?
OP MoeMoe1 13 / 75  
=( I am really sorry Ididnt know that everytime I had to make a topic i was suppose to comment inorder to post=/
Ha ha, well, get to work reviewing essays! :-) and here is some reviewing for you:

...sculptures in the 19th century.

My first thought about it was, "Wow, very impressive figure!" I fixed that, so that the quotation marks would be right... but it still sounds a little silly. Try saying something more intellectual... like, something about what the process of creating it must have been like. :)

The reason why I chose The Metropolitan Museum of Art is because is for several reasons. First off, I've been there ...just listened and remembered, well that's just me. It has a everlasting collected works containing more than two million works of art, separated into nineteen curatorial sections.

Above, cut out all that stuff about you being lazy. It is alright to be genuine, but actually here it is not relevant to the ... oh, wait a minute! Yes, I see that you are supposed to describe your reasons. Well, I still think you should not make yourself sound so lazy and apathetic about it.

:)

But it seems that you have fulfilled all their requirements.

I just think you should change a few things that you can tell are not quite right... like this:

Overall my first and only impression of this specific sculpture captured my attention while browsing and overlooking throughout The Met (say something about the sculpture about the artist, about the experience of being in the presence of great art, about a feeling of inspiration that you had, or anything else that shows that you have the depth of thought that is necessary for appreciating fine art ).

Yes, i think your purpose should be to demonstrate your ability to appreciate it... because that is what is most impressive in papers like this.

As for sentence structure and things like that, you have to take care to write full, swift sentences that have clear beginning and end:

The statue is very self explanatory to be honest though, unless they're pretty moronic. ---- and this shows that you don't realize that there are multiple levels of appreciation for art. To a young kindergärtner, it is self-explanatory, but to someone more thoughtful it might complex. To the artist, it was simple. In zen they say:

When you begin your practice, mountains are just mountains, and waters are just waters.
When you gain some skill, mountains are no longer just mountains, and waters are no longer just waters.
When you find mastery, mountains are just mountains, and waters are just waters.

... or something like that! :)

Start a new paragraph when you tell about the trip itself:

My experience through my trip and back, was a huge hassle, I had to take three different trains and walk six blocks. At first, I gasped because
I agree with Kevin -- you have met the requirements and given a decent description of the artwork, but you need to present yourself as a more thoughtful, reflective, hard working student. Remember, the ultimate audience for this essay is your teacher, and presumably you want your teacher to have a good impression of you.

Home / Writing Feedback / My sculpture paper, Emile Antoine Bourdelle