Writing task 2 sea level increases at alarming rate due to the climate change

Bekuk22 15 / 21 3  
Global warming is one of the biggest threats humans face in the 21st Century and sea levels are continuing to rise at alarming rates. What problems are associated with this and what are some possible solutions?

Nowadays, sea level increases at alarming rate due to the climate change. This will lead to the inundation of some area around the sea and constructing dam is a viable solution to take.

The most problem caused by the rise of sea level is flood in area around the sea. This happens is the ground is lower than sea surface. Such catastrophe makes the societies have to be evacuated for shelter. Beside, epidemic diseases like diarrhea spread owing to the lack of sanitation and clean water. For instance, when tsunami of Aceh happened, many people feel misery making them to displace to the place has been provided by government.

One solution which can be taken to overcome the problem is the building of sea barrier in the shoreline. This obviously would hold the flow of water into the land. Besides, such breakthrough can be utilized to generate electricity, boosting economic activities. One of great example of this is The Netherlands is a low-lying land or low land under sea level. Approximately 21% of the population of the Netherlands is under sea level and 70% of Dutch primary economic activity is also under the sea surface. This condition is realized by Netherland to make polder system which is include levees, pumps, drains, retention ponds, land landscape settings, and installation of dirty water separate. It makes free of threat flooding for the societies living around the sea.

In conclusion, the rising sea level caused by climate change is one of the problems we face and at last it will bring out flooding hurt many people around the sea. As we can see in Netherland that this condition can be solve by making dam.
kiki23 37 / 64 4  
Hi! I have some feedback for you!

In conclusion, the rising sea level caused by climate change is one of the problems faced many countries nowadays and it aftermath brings many drawbacks such as flood and the diseases brought by it. The best solution to tackle this issue is to build dam as it already applied by Netherlands for years.

Home / Writing Feedback / Writing task 2 sea level increases at alarming rate due to the climate change