secondary students believe that a university degree is the only passport to later success in life

grapes 1 / -  
These days, most secondary students believe that graduating university is the passport to later success in life. With pressure to go to college and follow the traditional career path, they may feel like there is no other road to success. In my point of view, higher education is truly the best way to have a good life in the future. However, it is not the only one.

Some teenagers start finding a job after graduating high school due to several reasons. Many parents are not able to afford the four-year college's tuition. As a result, the students quit school and have a job at the age of 18. As teenagers start to work at an early age, they are able to have their own incomes and be financially independent from family which can help improve the family's condition. It may be difficult to work in a professional field without a degree but it's not impossible. The young can acquire experience and necessary skills during the working process. Many universities now include a large amount of theory in their curriculum, which seems to be impractical to some people. They'd rather have a job and gain practical knowledge from the reality and their experience.

On the other hand, I agree that continuing studying at the college is the easiest and safest way to have a good career. First, having a degree improve students' career prospects. Individuals with higher education have greater opportunities in such a competitive market than those without degrees. Second, going to college help students have the best environment to continue studying. College gives students an opportunity to gain an in-depth knowledge of their chosen subject and create a foundation for the career that interests them. Moreover, students are offered great resources such as documents, libraries and learning space. They also have the chance to interact with excellent people and have relationships which are useful after graduation.

In conclusion, a university degree can help a lot for people to a later success in life. However, it is not dispensable. Getting a degree doesn't mean that you will get a good job. Whether people go to school or not, they all have to have to study and improve themselves. Learning is the key to success.
This is not a passing score essay even though you have over written it and over explained your point of view. Why? Well, the question asked was "To what extent do you agree or disagree?" Rather than responding with a measured response thesis statement, you gave a comparison discussion platform response. That does not comply with the given writing instruction so you will be deemed by the examiner to have already failed 50 % of this test. You failed to understand the writing instructions and therefore, displayed a lack of English comprehension skills. You will be deemed as not proficient enough in English to attend an English speaking school overseas. The writing format for this presentation was not met by your essay.
Aroma 4 / 8  
Please Grape, you have done well in giving an explicit explanation to both side of the argument but you were not apparent on where you stand for or against. You should also avoid the usage of contractions when writing formal essays.

Home / Writing Feedback / secondary students believe that a university degree is the only passport to later success in life