"See the sky" essay

Rajiv 55 / 400  
I see the sky - its vastness. Somewhere somehow it has come to be. I see the mountains, their vastness. The growing trees, the motion of things, somehow somewhere it has come to be. My seeing of them, my knowing of them - how, how and what is happening.

I see the sky - deep, endlessly deep.

I walked into this loving vault of nature.

I know this with certainty, that though the day seems so empty, so empty, something, something will happen later.

I just wait, I can only wait for some greater power to act for me. I know I want to feel in my mind the quickness of catching the idea that I may pursue and feel my mind stretch and grow.

All reality must be a manifestation - which is stupendous in its implication - the huge mountains, the green nature. Our purpose is to see through this manifestation - maya.

I feel blocked because my expectation is as if to see directly, and I am unable to.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

But that's what sets your observations apart--the "indirectness" of them! :-)) (Am I taking you too literally? As I noted in another post, that's my inclination.)

I love the metaphor "this loving vault of nature." And I think many who write will relate to the idea of waiting for "some greater power" to germinate ideas. In Stephen King's book "On Writing" he says that he believes that the books he writes are out there, somewhere, already written, and all he is doing is "channeling" them into existence.

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP Rajiv 55 / 400  
Thank you Sarah. You have always found something encouraging to say.

Rajiv

Home / Writing Feedback / "See the sky" essay