Separate education for disruptive school students?

hhtttl13112002 1 / 2  
Topics: Disruptive school students have a negative influence on others. Students who are noisy and disobedient should be grouped together and taught separately. Do you agree or disagree ? give reasons for your answer

how to tackle students with behavioural problems?

One can safely assume that every learning environment has the least one student who is disruptive and has many behavioural problems. Some people reckon that they can impact negatively on colleagues and school or head teacher should put all of them in a group to teach. Personally, I am of the opinion that although grouping poorly-behaved students has certain benefits, its drawbacks should be taken into consideration.

On the one hand, there is a handful of reasons why disobedient students should be separated. Firstly, they are always making noise. This lets other students in the class who are concentrating on lessons will be disturbed and don't understand which their teacher has taught. Both they and disruptive students don't get the score as they expect, even their study will be declined. Secondly, putting boisterous students in a group facilitate teacher's teaching method and syllabuses to classify students according to their grades. More appropriate methods are employed and proper lesson contents to their competence are given.

Another aspect, I believe that there are undeniable disadvantages of this method. All learners have equal rights and opportunities to learn and to be taught. However, this method makes them feel being deprived. The more they are discouraged, the less they lose motivation to learn. From role models in class, these obedient students are easier to learn from the good students and teachers. They try hard such as concentrating lessons in class or doing homework to catch up with classmates. If grouping these students, the students can cost much money for facilities of the school because they have to add more rooms, desks, chairs, boards,...

Putting badly-behaved students in a group brings many advantages for both others students and teachers, even for themselves trying their best to keep up with classmates. However, there are many reasons improving that this method is not very suitable. Each student in the learning environment needs to aware of own discipline to follow rules in school or class.
smally01 9 / 34 14  
Hi THÙY, hope that I can help and please let me know if I am wrong.

First of all, I guess you are on the 'disagree' side, right? Or you are on 'balancing approach'?

Some people reckon that they such/thus students with problems can impact ... should put all of them in a separate group to teach.

I'm not sure but I get confused with the pronoun 'they', are 'they' referring 'some people' or 'naughty student'?

This lets other students in the class who ...

This sentence deliver: 1. student in the class, 2. student are concentrated on lesson, 3. student are being disturbed, 4. student are not understanding what their teacher taught. Sorry that I do not have sufficient skill on putting so many ideas in a single sentence but may I try to rewrite it and would be wonderful if you can help to comment it.

Others in the class may disturbed by the noise or even lead them lost their concentration to the lesson. As a result they do not learn what their teacher taught.

even (even?) their study score will be declined.

All learners have Every student has equal rights ... to learn and to be taught.

..., the less (more or less?) they lose motivation to learn.

the students can this will also cost much money for more on extra facilities of for the school because they have to add more such as extra rooms, desks, chairs, and boards.,...

... needs to aware of own discipline to ...

For the concluding paragraph, I believe it would be sufficient with just paraphrasing/summarizing your body paragraphs plus closing sentence which state your position. The sentence about saying student should do good in school or class may irrelevant or inappropriate to appear there.
Thuy, your essay is only partially responsive to the task indicated in the original essay. Your original prompt instruction only asks you to agree or disagree but you created your own prompt discussion in the paraphrase which means your thesis statement is unrelated to the task. Look at this for clarification purposes regarding your error in the prompt paraphrase that caused the discussion deviation:

Question: Do you agree or disagree ?
Response: I am of the opinion that although grouping poorly-behaved students has certain benefits, its drawbacks should be taken into consideration.

You totally went off the mark in your response, which shows the examiner that you do not understand the instructions for the discussion, which means you will only get a score of 1 in the TA section, which means you will not be able to garner a score of 5 overall for this type of writing due to other scoring consideration errors in your part. That is, even though your body of paragraphs responded properly to the original prompt requirement of specified reasons for your opinion. Your presentation response was not an opinion but rather a discussion of benefits and drawbacks. That is the opposite of what the prompt response should have been.
OP hhtttl13112002 1 / 2  
@Holt but i think i have to give reasons for my answer
@smally01 thanks a lot.

Home / Writing Feedback / Separate education for disruptive school students?