Home / Writing Feedback   % width   Posts: 2

Social networking sites have enormously detrimental effects on people and the whole community

ntpss9 1 / -  

the negative impact of Social networking sites

It is widely argued that social networking sites have enormously detrimental effects not only on each person but also on the whole community. To a certain extent, I agree with this statement. However, I also believe that social media has certain positive impacts on both individuals and society.

On the one hand, I would agree that the use of social networking sites makes people become passive and more likely to lose their communication skills in society. In other words, individuals who always keep themselves in rooms for many hours and spend most of their time surfing the webs, chatting with their friends or maybe strangers, etc. This leads to the fact that such people gradually become more silent and isolate themselves from their families. In addition, most children who have phones on their own often stay home instead of going outside to play outdoor activities, such as soccer, swimming, jogging, and so on. These children can easily become passive and if this takes long, they can get depression.

On the other hand, I also think that mass media is means of communication which helps people contact each other more easily regardless of distance. It means that social networking sites create advantageous conditions for individuals to keep in touch with each other without concerning where they are. For example, when you have far relatives who are very difficult to meet, through social media, you can have a talk with them, see their faces and know what are they doing. This thing is very beneficial for human beings, especially overseas students who can not get together with their parents because of studying.

In conclusion, while social media have intensively harmful to each individual and association. I believe that using social networking sites has positive effects either. If they know how to use it efficiently and reasonably, it will bring them a lot of great benefits.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15171 4859  
This essay asks "to what extent do you agree or disagree?" That means only one opinion in relation to the question will be accepted by the examiner. The writer cannot agree with both opinions. As the TA score is partially based on the clarity of the writer's opinion, this essay will receive a failing score automatically due to the writer stating support for both, when there is clearly a single opinion requirement.

There is true uncertainty presented on the side of the writer that will guarantee this essay will fail. The discussion format is incorrect as it does not use the single opinion format as required. This was never implied as being a comparative opinion presentation. Not a single paragraph can receive even a partial scoring based on the proper (prompt relevant) opinion of the writer because he failed to provide one at the start and throughout the essay. The essay failed because the writer misunderstood the discussion instructions.

Home / Writing Feedback / Social networking sites have enormously detrimental effects on people and the whole community
Need help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: