IELTS TASK 2: Solar energy has become an important part of our life. Advantages and disadvantages.

quanhqa 1 / -  
TOPIC:
Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world.

Why is this?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of solar energy?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

These days, solar energy become an important part of our life. It is a popular source of energy all over the world. In my opinion, there are both advantages and drawbacks of this. The following essay takes a look at both sides of the argument.

Solar energy is becoming more and more popular because of its advantages. Firstly, it is friendly to the environment and it can reduce greenhouse gas. In addition to this, using solar panels is an effective heat protection solution for our house. Secondly, using solar energy can save on electricity bills. For example, in the winter many households need to use heaters and water heaters, which consume a lot of electricity. Thirdly, using solar power makes people more healthy because it is safe and clean.

Besides the benefit, there are still some disadvantages of solar energy. First of all, the price of installing a solar power system is expensive. The households have low incomes can not afford it. Another limitation is the weather affects the effectiveness of solar energy. It depends on the sunlight. When it is cloudy or rainy, we can not get the solar energy.

In conclusion, everything has its own strengths and limitations. Despite the disadvantages, the benefits of solar energy make it an attractive choice for many households. In the coming year, using it may more and more increase.!
The essay has failed to meet the minimum word count requirement. Since the number of words missing are quite high, the preliminary deductions based on word count shortage will result in a failing starting score for this essay. I am afraid you have already failed the test even before sectional scoring has been applied. That is because the overall essay will already be judged as being under discussed and under developed in terms of explanation, reasoning, and content. These are the reasons why you need to make sure that you meet the minimum word count when you write the essay.

As for the writer's opinion, you are not supposed to give a personal opinion in this instance. You should word it as a general opinion or public opinion since you were being asked to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of solar energy. The "Why is this?" question was not aimed to get a writer's opinion out of you, just a general statement in relation to the question. You were not asked for a personal insight so you should not have given one.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2: Solar energy has become an important part of our life. Advantages and disadvantages.