To solve the problem of crime is to provide people with a better education. Agree or disagree.

hoanganh0124 1 / -  

The ways of dealing with crime

It is true that prison is a general solution of dealing with crime. However, some people believe that the more effective way is to provide better education for citizens. I disagree with this opinion.

On the one side, it is obvious that prison is such an effective way to cope with crime as a whole. Firstly, a policy of zero tolerance definitely

helps to deter a large numbers of criminals with tough punishment. For example, in some countries, murderers have to serve a long prison sentence or even be sentenced to capital punishment which would raise peopleā€Ÿs awareness of serious consequence of committing crime. Secondly, offenders who are in prison do not have ability to harm the society. As a result, innocent people will feel more safer, and can completely concentrate on their work.

On the other side, education is also a factor contributing to the effort of reducing crime. Students who have full perception of legislation are not prone to fall fouls of the law. For example youngsters who participate in some course of driving laws in school would understand the importance of safety in driving more thoroughly. Furthermore, education in prison is an alternative/ effective way to help criminal reintegrate back into society after serving prison sentences. They, therefore, will be given a chance of rehabilitation to embark on something fresh, and avoid the risk of making mistakes again in the future.

In conclusion, I disagree that education is better than prison in solving the problem of crime. However, both solutions have their own advantages and they are equally important.
Since this is a simple agree or disagree essay, you should not use the comparison format for the discussion. The only side that must be discussed here is your disagreement. You have to use 2 related reasons for your disagreement. The 2 related reasons should be presented within 2 separate paragraphs. That means, you use one topic per paragraph. Each paragraph must be fully explained and supported by an example in order to be considered clear and fully developed by the examiner.

Your essay conclusion is incorrect as you offered a restatement of the prompt and your opinion, but then inserted a reference to an advantage comparative discussion which altered your response. Your answer now went from a disagreement to a comparative discussion that indicated the importance of both discussion responses (Agree / Disagree). The concluding paragraph should have instead, just repeated the topic sentence, your opinion, and your 2 related reasons.

Your essay cannot receive a passing score when your overall presentation tends to present a confusing opinion. If you cannot present a solid opinion and offer supporting information for it, then the examiner will score you based on the fact that you do not have a clear opinion presented.

Home / Writing Feedback / To solve the problem of crime is to provide people with a better education. Agree or disagree.