IELTS Task 2: To solve traffic problems, governments should tax private car

BOMAT_IRA 29 / 40  
In order to solve traffic problems, governments should tax private car owners heavily and use the money to improve public transportation.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of such a solution?

Nowadays, government believes when tax of private car owners increase so can solve about traffic problems. Then, they will earn to improve the city transport. There are several advantages and disadvantages from this problem. In the following paragraphs I will give reasons about my statement.

On the other hands, advantages of raising taxes are able to decrease car owners to use their cars. Because if they drive own car it will become more expensive than using public transportation. They must try to use public transportation, thus it reduces traffic problems as well as air pollution. Less cars means less greenhouse gas released to the atmosphere. So that pollution will decrease dramatically.

However, there are several disadvantages also of raising taxes. As we know, income taxes, which every family pay are heavier than before. Some people will find it difficult to pay more money for their cars. For example, if governments raise taxes, people who have difficulties with money, like poor family, will not be able to have enough money for everything.

To summary, I think government should always look for a balance in a question about whether increase taxes can be more benefits for people. Moreover, the most beneficial way to solve the problem with traffic jams is providing a wide range of different types of vehicles for citizens which will be comfortable and convenient. Anyway, I think government should not to raise taxes for car owners in order to not make them another headache and additional costs.
fikri 5 / 317 71  
Nowadays, government believes when tax of private car owners increase so it can solve about traffic problems.

On the other hands , advantages of raising taxes are able to decrease car owners to use their cars. Because if they drive own car it will become more expensive than using public transportation.

where does it refer to? when you put 'on the other hand' in the beginning of the paragraph, it means that this paragraph is contrast to the paragraph before
niesaysi 16 / 290 85  
Fikri is right. Do not begin your paragraph with that transitional device. Using it means you are giving a contradictory view.

For example, if governments raise taxes, people who have financial problemdifficulties with money , like poor family, willcannot afford to fulfill their basic necessitiesnotbe able to have enough money everything .

:)
SHanafi 120 / 415 93  
On the other hands,

... To begin with / To commence with

So that pollution will decrease dramatically.

... this is commonly used in writing task 1, As result, The pollution level's will be reduced

To summary

... In conclusion. For this case I guest you feel bored while write with the same pattern, I am too. An advice from my beloved tutor, that never be bored with your writing pattern in order to increase your ability. It also benefits for you if you are preparing the exam.
SHanafi 120 / 415 93  
BOMAT_IRA:

...

As result, The pollution level's will be reduced

this is contains some errors ...As result, the pollution's level will be reduced.
I correct myself hahahhah lol... :DD

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task 2: To solve traffic problems, governments should tax private car