IELTS: taxing private car owners heavily in order to solve traffic problems

Eva Novita Sari 47 / 71 2  
In order to solve traffic problems, governments should tax private car owners heavily and use the money to improve public transportation. What are the advantages and disadvantages of such solution?

----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------------------

Car is a thing that is used for transportation by individual or together. Several hundred years ago, we seldom find a car because car is a thing that is very expensive in that century. So, we just find a car on a rich people. However, from year to year the world becomes increasingly sophisticated. As a result, we can find car anywhere because many people use car. Therefore, we can look in the street today which undergo traffic jam. So, in order to solve traffic problems, governments should tax private car owners heavily and use money to improve public transportation. However, from this solution, it will bring advantages and disadvantages.

On the one hand, they can get advantage from this solution. For example, they are not undergoing traffic jam that make crowded in the street. As a result, people can go to their office or other workers that will become fluently through obstacle. It is because some people are not driving car excessive. Other examples, in Aceh seldom undergo traffic jam because some people in there that are not using car, but just some people again are using car. However, they just use one car in the one house.

On the other hand, we can get disadvantage from this solution. Sometime, some people have not much money for paying tax because they just have a little salary. It is caused that some people pay credit cars for going to office to become easy. If we will go to office or other works, we should use public transportation such as train, bus, and other. So, we will spend long time to go to our office especially if we are far distance from our house to office. With the result, we will always late to arrive in there. I think this solution will be made people who feel difficult for some people who have a little salary.

In summary, I think this solution from government is good idea for decreasing traffic problems with tax private car owners heavily. However, some people are very need a car because they are working by far distance and they just have a little salary for paying tax every year because their car are bought with credit. I think that every house should have car just one car.
This is too big for an intro. I think we have provided you an appropriate guideline structure for the intro. This task has a major bearing on time and your target should be to complete the task within the allocated time. So you've got to manage time effectively. The guidelines provided by dumi, myself and other contributors aim at helping you finish this task on time while having all features included for you to earn a good score.
You have wasted lots of time here. Just do one sentence to enter into your essay topic and then introduce the background of the issue by paraphrasing the topic. There is no harm in opening the essay with a sentence that describes the issue. It is nicer to have a hook, but even without the hook, it reads well.

Stick with the approach I and Pahan have suggested to you in one of your previous threads.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS: taxing private car owners heavily in order to solve traffic problems