Summary TED Chinese Zodiac by Shao Lan

Faridadwi18 67 / 104 13  
When Chinese people ask about zodiac actually it i a polite way for them to ask people age also to make a judgement based on their zodiac. They can know their fortune and miss fortune, personality, career prospect and others. Chinese Zodiac is a cycle of 12 years and label it with animals started from a rat to a pig. Chinese Zodiac also influence their decision in many ways like give name to their baby, giving birth, marriage and others. They believe that some certain animals get unwell with each other so parents will choose a specific year for the babies. If they can make a right combination they will get prosperity to family. For example, pig suit with tiger or rabbit but not with snake. In 2012, people who give a birth increased by 5 percent in China, Taiwan and Hong Kong because they believe in dragon years their baby can get much fortunes due to dragon is a symbol of power, strength and wealth. Chinese also make an investment according to zodiac and now they have time, technology and wealth to create an ideal live which they wanted. They also have an important role in economical and political world.

Link : ted.com/talks/shaolan_the_chinese_zodiac_explained#
KhatarizNS 3 / 5  
Hello Faridadwi
here are some correction from me

actually it is a polite way

They can know their fortune and misfortune

Chinese Zodiac also influences their decision

because they believed in dragon years
tung2011 1 / 2  
Hi Faridadwi18. I have some suggestions for you.

When Chinese people ask about zodiac, it is a polite way for them to ask people age, and also to make a judgement based on their zodiac.

They can know their fortune, misfortune, personality, career prospect and others.

Chinese Zodiac is a cycle of 12 years and label itis label with animals started ...

Chinese Zodiac also influences their decision in many ways like giving name to their baby, ...

If they can make a right combination, they will get prosperity to their family.

... Taiwan and Hong Kong. They believed their baby can get much fortunes in dragon years due to the fact that dragon is a symbol of ...

>> I think you should split this into two sentences. And "Due to ..." should be with
Noun/Pronoun/Gerund, not a phrase.

I hope that these can help you.
Iforsa 35 / 54 5  
When Chinese people ask about zodiac actually it i IS a polite way for them to ask people age also to make a judgement based on their zodiac. . (we cannot use also to join two sentences, but we can place it at the beginning, in the middle or at the end of second sentences )

alternative :
1. ... to ask people age also and to make a judgement...
2. it i a polite way for them to ask people age. Also it makes a judgement based on their zodiac.
NinaJoesuf25 36 / 66 4  
Hi Farida, here is my feedback for you :)

When Chinese people ask about zodiac actually it i a polite...
Asking other people about zodiac or age is a common way for gaining information by Chinese people.

They can know their fortune [...] with animals started from a rat to a pig.
One of the most fascinating aspects of obtaining this information is that they can know more about their fortune and misfortune, personality, career prospect and so forth. Suffice it to say, Chinese zodiac is a cycle of 12 years and depicted with animals such as a rat and pig.

Chinese Zodiac also influence their [...] choose a specific year for the babies.

... such as giving name to their baby, deciding marriage dates and others. They believe that some certain animals get unwell with each other so parents will choose a specific year for the babies.Unfortunately, I don't get what you mean in this sentence :(.

Home / Writing Feedback / Summary TED Chinese Zodiac by Shao Lan