Summary TED - What can we learn from shortcuts?

Abrahamlincoln 54 / 56  
What can we learn from shortcuts?

While, most people argue that shortcut is the best way to reach our destination faster, Tom Hulme as businessman regard that shortcut is changed human behavior to be more indiscipline, because of that he wants everyone to realize that shortcut has a strong relationship with a design, and we need to create a unique feature to live disciplinarily.

Taking London as an example, there is a tiny road in the middle of the public garden. In order to arrive faster, young children pass the road and leave the path which was designed by the government. That activity results to a crucial problem which is destroying the land. The solution government provides is to plant a big tree as an obstacle for people across the street. It aims to support them to walk on provided path. Another fascinating example is policy taken by the University of California, all buyers should be mobile around campus, it prevents students to make shortcut when they have known the exact place.

Source: youtube
nda18 46 / 81 9  
hi abrahamlincoln, these are my thought towards your summary

... regard that shortcut is changeds human behavior to ...
..and we need to create an unique feature to live disciplinarily.,,
[ i think 'disciplinarily' is not an adverb for 'discipline' ]
...That activity results toin a crucial problem ...
...The solution that government provides ...

thank you and good luck
Dioba 68 / 104 7  
HI brother, let me give several advice, perhaps useful for you.
1. ... to reach our destination faster,[/s --->More fast
2. ... to be more indiscipline.(give dot to stop the sentence). Because of that, ( put comma) he wants everyone to realize that shortcut has a strong relationship with a design, ( what the meaning of this sentence?i do not get the point) and we need to ...

3. ..., there is a tiny road in the middle of the public garden----> give more explanation in this sentence, moreover about the tiny road how could it become problem.

good summary and break a leg.

Home / Writing Feedback / Summary TED - What can we learn from shortcuts?