(Writing Task 1) The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items

Tramie 1 / -  
The table shows percentages of consumer expenditure on different categories in 2002 in Ireland, Italy, Spain, Sweden and Turkey.
It is clear that the proportion of consumer expenditure in different countries is on three main categories of products: food/Drinks/Tobacco, Clothing/Footwear and Leisure/Education. It can be seen that the products in Turkey were significantly the highest consumer spending in food/drinks/tobacco and leisure and education in five countries.

Out of the five countries, consumer spending had many changes, especially the percentage of products in Turkey and Ireland had a noticeably higher, with 32,14% and 28,91% in food/drinks/tobacco and were the highest percents in leisure/education at 4.35% respectively while the clothing and footwear in Italy was the largest in five other countries. In Sweden, food drinks tobacco and clothing, footwear had the lowest percentage of products with 15,77% and 5,40% but slightly grew in leisure and education. It can be seen that the proportion of leisure, and education in Spain was the highest figure, just 1,98% on the other hand the food, drink, tobacco and clothing, and footwear increased gradually by about 18,80% and 6,51%.
You have done a good enough job of reporting, but not analysing the data presented in the table. Your overall format is incorrect. The task 1 essay needs to have at least 3-4 paragraphs composed of:

1. Summary overview + trending statement
2. First set of pair or group reporting + analysis
3. 2nd set of pair or group reporting + analysis
4. Optional analysis

So your information, while correct, does not meet the format requirements of the task. The lack of complete analysis per set will prove to be a downgrade in scoring consideration for you in the TA, C+C, and GRA sections. This sort of writing might not help you achieve a passing mark for this test.

Home / Writing Feedback / (Writing Task 1) The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items