IELTS Writing task 1_Table_The number of visitors in the UK and their average spending

TTT3miml 1 / -  
Topic:The table below shows the number of visitors in the UK and their average spending from 2003 to 2008.
Answer:
The table depicts the tourist quantity along with information regarding visit expenses in the UK over the period from 2003 to 2008.
Overall, it can be generalized from the table that except for the average duration per visit, the statistics for all other three aspects witnessed an upward trend during this shown period.

From 2003 to 2007, a steady, though modest, increase was observed in the number of visits. Despite the fact that this number then slightly declined in 2008, the last figure of 31.88 million was still a nearly 1.5-fold rise compared to 24.715 million recorded in 2003. The opposite was true for the average nights for each visit, with 8.2 nights estimated spent in 2003 decreasing to 7.7 nights in 2008.

In terms of visit expenses, in 2003, tourists spent 11855 billion pounds in total. Subsequently, this statistic went up by nearly 5000 billion pounds by the year 2008. When being calculated for each visit, this expense underwent a modest rise as well, from 475 billion pounds in 2003 to 511 billion pounds recorded in 2008.

The analysis portion of the essay is well developed. Although, a little bit more discussion would have helped you gain an overall better scoring consideration per section. The analysis is simple enough, but could result in a confusing presentation for some since you have a tendency to put the actual analyzed information last in the presentation. Try to keep it consistent by offering the information early on. It will help the reader build a better discussion image in their minds. By the way, in the summary overview, you should mention the types of measurement values used in the chart. That way the reader is not shocked to read the values in the analysis. Normally, that is an important part of the summary overview.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Writing task 1_Table_The number of visitors in the UK and their average spending