Is Talent Born Naturally or Nurtured?

Stacy Handayani 29 / 16 19  
It is generally believe that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Singers are growing up with their natural talent. As such, some people believe that certain talents like sport or music are inheritable as these talents are given by parents through their genes. However, others argue that children can be trained to have special talent as they are always doing exercises. Nevertheless, I would argue that humans are born with special talent, but they need exercise to sharp these talent.

Some people are given a good voice. For this reason, people believe that they are born to be a singer. Take Taylor Swift, a singer from America as an example, she has very beautiful voice and very talented in writing songs. As a result, it is very easy for her to reach success as all songs that she sings seem so impressive to be listened. Therefore, talent like a good voice is born naturally with human.

On the other hand, some people believe that these beautiful voices are not the only talent that make singer gaining success, but talents such as capable of writing a good song and playing musical instrument are factors that help her to stand in the hall of fame. Therefore, I would argue that children can be taught to become a good musician. For instance, Taylor Swift, it is impossible that she was born with ability to write a song or to play musical intrument. These kinds of ability is taught and growth by her parents so she can play guitar and piano, and also capable of writing some good songs. As a result, the combination between natural talent and nurtured talent lead her to be one of the most popular singer around the world. Therefore, children can be trained to develop their talent to be greater than before.

To conclude, it is true that some people are born with certain talent like sport or music that can be seen by many people. However, some others also born with talent, but it is yet develop. Therefore, I personally believe that they can be taught to become singers or sport players as they exercise regularly. Afterwards, it is imperative for parents to help their children to develop their talent by supporting and facilitating the children's needs for this purpose.
IqbalThemi 44 / 46 13  
Singers are growing up with their natural talent. As such, some people believe that certain talents like sport or music are inheritable as these talents are given by parents through their genes. However, others argue that children can be trained to have special talent because they are always doing exercisesexplore their talents to reach professional career by doing exercise in long run. Nevertheless, I would argue that although humans are born with special talent, but they keep to need exercise to sharp these talent.
farhan110991 11 / 17 8  
by and large, your writing is good, but i have several suggestions for you.

1. there are many countable nouns without adding neither any article nor pronoun. i will give you an obvious example.

Singers are growing up with their natural talent. As such, some people believe that certain talents like sports or musics are inheritable as these talents are given by parents through their genes. However, others argue that children can be trained to have a special talent as they are always doing exercises. Nevertheless, I would argue that humans are born with a special talent, but they need an exercise to sharp these talent.

you can find other article errors in different paragraphs.

2. lets analysis your diction!..

Some people are given a good voice. For this reason, people believe that they are born to be a singer. Take an american singer Taylor Swift a singer from America as an example, (you have to add a dot instead of a comma) she has very beautiful voice and very talented in writing songs. As a result, it is very easy for her to reach success as all songs that she sings seem so impressive to be listened. Therefore, talent like a good voice is born naturally with human.

3. My point of view is that you have added too much "as". you have interpolated this word in virtually all paragraphs. you can replace that one with since or inasmuch as.

tonnes of thank,
Farhan Faturohman

Home / Writing Feedback / Is Talent Born Naturally or Nurtured?