IELTS writing task 1 which is talk about producing steam

Shahri 1 / -  

gas cooled nuclear reactor

The diagram illustrates how stream is produced by utilizing a gas cooled nuclear reactor. Overall, gas cooled nuclear reactor can be divided into two main part, which are heat exchanger and reactor.

Initially, water enters into heat exchanger, and then into water circulator to change to cool gas. Next, cool gas goes through cool gas duct and it is filtered by gas blower. Subsequently, it is undergone of reactor sections in order to be changed to hot gas and conveys to hot gas duct. Eventually, steam is thrown by turbo-alternator and resending cool gas to the next cycle.

According to reactor's sections, uranium fuel elements are located between boron control rods and charge tubes which are linked together. In addition, they are surrounded by graphite moderators. Besides, pressure vessel encircles all previous components. Eventually, the most powerful sections is concrete radiation shielding which wraps all parts of the system and protect them in any emergency cases.

• image
Huzaifah - / 2 1  
Your essay did not summarize how stream is produced by utilizing a gas cooled nuclear reactor. You just described the component of the gas cooled nuclear reactor.

It is better to write it with the sequence of paragraph:
1. how stream is created in heat exchanger; and
2. how hot gas is created from the reactor.

By this way, you essay can fulfill this writing task.
Khansahab - / 2  
You wrote well, but I think huzaifa is write , you should write with sequence and change .... According to reactor section to something more concise and check grammar as well.
You need to learn to use more word alternatives in your writing. When an image is described as a diagram in the original, you cannot use the word diagram in your own presentation. You could have instead referred to the drawing as a procedure outline or blueprint, even an outline or a layout. The use of alternative descriptive terms in relation to the keywords would have increased the LR score for this essay.

There is a sentence that does not make sense in the third paragraph:

According to reactor's sections, uranium fuel elements are located between boron control rods and charge tubes which are linked together

Then what? When you say "according to", there should be a subsequent resulting action or final outcome based on the given statement. This is lacking the actual subject of the presentation sentence. Overall though, you stayed on point and pretty much did an acceptable job of presenting the diagram procedure.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS writing task 1 which is talk about producing steam