Teaching a foundation of logical reasoning gives more to a moral society that teaching morality

mvarma 1 / -  
PROMPT: Some people believe that teaching morality should be the foundation of education. Others believe that teaching a foundation of logical reasoning would do more to produce a moral society.

Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with your own position and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should address both of the views presented above.

***

Education foundation is very trivial part for any country, because it decides its future growth and development.The claim made by some people believes that,teaching morality should be foundation of education on the other hand some people argue for logical reasoning would do more than morality.No doubt morality and logical reasoning are both very crucial and important part of the education,however in this world which is becoming more pragmatic day by day I personally believe that logical reasoning will do more.

21st century has been revolutionized in many areas.It composes of revolution in science,technology,medicine,industrialization etc.So to survive or withstand in these areas one require be more precise accurate and mostly logical in-order to understand what will impact what.This logical reasoning can help him evaluate complex scenarios with maximum efficiency.To illustrate this we all NASA has made so many amendments to improve its functionality or efficiency in every small thing that being used in space flight.

On the other hand as the world is moving more into industrialization and competition to be at top position sometimes urges human to take wrong or negative steps which can help in short term benefits:to be at the top position.Contrary the negative paths taken to achieve that may have long term harmful repercussions on the society and mankind.So it is very important sometimes to have a good moral foundation with a person so that he or she doesn't become so greedy that he forget about the true human values and moral.

Thus to survive,in order to be more efficient and innovative uit is very important that logical reasoning be a part of education foundation so that a individual can be independent.While morality is also very important in-order to protect environment,society and its people from detrimental harmful repercussions from a morally incorrect way.

***
I wrote this essay under timed conditions. Please give me feedback! (and how would you score it on the GRE scale 0-6) THANK YOU!
Mohit, this is a seriously flawed GRE essay that cannot gain any score higher than a 2 for the following reasons:

1. You offered only a personal point of view in this essay rather than doing a proper paragraph based comparison of the 2 points of view prior to discussing your personal opinion. Your personal opinion should have been presented later in the essay.

2. Your presented ideas are poorly developed due to lack of proper connecting words and appropriate information presentation in relation to the topic sentence of the paragraph.

3. The language and sentence structure errors are so bad that these sentences and paragraphs tend to not make any sense to the reader. The problem lies mainly in your inability to use proper grammar, properly develop the sentences, and use appropriate punctuation in the presentation.

I think that the main problem was that you were too focused on completing the essay within the required time limit that you just kept on typing without leaving time to proof read your paper. When you fail to proof read, you end up with a badly written essay such as this one. I strongly urge you to leave at least 10 minutes towards the end of the writing period to double check your essay. Make sure the essay is clear and coherent and that proper punctuation marks are used throughout. Do not use long sentences that could turn into improperly developed run-ons.

Home / Writing Feedback / Teaching a foundation of logical reasoning gives more to a moral society that teaching morality