IELTS Task2: Technological developments in the past few decades. Positive ?

Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Day 2 - Tasks
There have been many technological developments in the past few decades, for example in telecommunications, transport and health.
What technological development do you think has been the most important? How has it changed people's lives? Have all the changes been positive?

Galloping advancement in science and technologies over the past few decades has taken dramatic leap forward in making our life much more convenient and easy. I believe, these substantial developments especially in the field of telecommunication which made the entire world interconnected and have been beneficial to people in many aspects.

To being with, internet plays a vital role in improving telecommunication via satellite networks. There are numerous amounts of gadgets which made our life comfortable in various means. For example, online booking and reservation of tickets, bill payments, internet banking, virtual classrooms etc... are really helpful nowadays in contrast to the previous old day situation like standing in a long queue for everything. Furthermore, social network websites and blogs has cast its grip in our life which enable people to know each other and sharing information irrespective of their geographical locations.

In addition, virtual classroom helps working professionals to pursue their studies after working hour just being in home with internet facility. It is common today to conduct video conference meeting from different region to do business globally.

However, while discussing the positive aspects of these enhancements, we can't overlook the detrimental effects which are spoiling our younger generation. Children and teenagers seem to be addicted to computer games and social networking which cause them to be away from their day-jobs. They are all fond of living in a virtual world rather than being social in the real world.

Kindly send me you valuable fesdbacks. Thanks.

To sum up, though there are disadvantages due to technological development, the benefits always overweigh them. Hence, instead of being away from utilising the upcoming changes in the technical world, it will be better to educate our young minds to distinguish the real life significance and the virtual world.
GallopingRapid advancement in science and technologiestechnology over the past few decades has taken dramatic leap forward in making our life much more convenient and easy.

... convenient and easy have very close meanings. Therefore one makes the other sort of redundant. I would suggest the words convenient and comfortable.

I believe, these substantial developments especially in the field of telecommunication which made the entire world interconnected and have been beneficial to people in many aspects.

I believe these developments, especially the ones in the telecommunication field, have brought the entire world together while benefiting people in many ways.
Pahan 1 / 1,906 553  
There are numerous amounts of gadgets which made our life comfortable in various means.

There are numerous online tools that have made our lives much more comfortable compared to how they were in previous eras.
For example, online booking and reservation of tickets, bill payments, internet banking, virtual classrooms etc. are really helpful nowadays in contrast to the previous old day situation like standing in a long queue for everything.what previous generations experienced with long queues, lengthy waiting times etc.
OP Arun0506 27 / 120 34  
Hi Dumi / Pahan,
Thanks for your time in correcting my essay. I have noted your points and will try to keep in mind during my next writings... Thanks again.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS Task2: Technological developments in the past few decades. Positive ?