Telling the truth is not a best option always

Asselya /  
We always hear phrases like "you must tell me truth", "I would not believe any more if you will tell me lie even once". But sometimes there are situations when it is better to say lie, and lie has good intention. So I do not support that always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship.

Firstly because, sometimes the truth is hurt. For example, when somenone is ill and asking "is he better", I would rather to answer "yes, you are" even it is not, because I am given hope to this person,hope that one day his or her ilness will finish. Therefore, the one main reason for lie is that with lie we are giving hope.

Another good reason for lie, is that it is tradition. We are lying to child that present under fir-tree are left by Santa Clause when he was sleeping, because not only we grew up on this lie, but the same did our grandmothers and granfathers and because this lie is beautiful, it lets to child to think that not everything are so real as its are.

However, the lying is bad, when your lie is smaw up, not everybody will think that it was done in good intention. The illing person will think that no one is understanding him or her, the child will think "why adults lied to me, does it mean that I can lie to adult too?". Another way they do not believe us so easily, because we are always obligate not to tell lie.

In conclusion, I disagree that always telling the truth is the most important consideration in any relationship, because sometime, only when I know that it will be better and someday person will understand that it was done in good intention, I would rather not to say truth.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good afternoon :)

As you didn't explain what type of assistance you were seeking, I have made some suggestions in regards to mechanics and grammar:

"You must tell me the truth," "I would not believe you anymore if you lie to me even once." ButAvoid beginning your sentences with conjunctive/transitory words such as "and," "so," or "but." sometimes..."

"Firstly, sometimes the truth is hurtful."

"...asking, "Is he better?" I would rather answer "Yes, he is," even if he is not because I am giving hope to this person; hope that one day the illness will be over."

"Another good reason to lie is that it protects traditions. We lie to children that the presents under the fir tree are left by Santa Clause while the child slept. We do this because we grew up with this lie, and so did out ancestors; this lie is beautiful and it allows the child to think that not everything is so real as they are."

With the corrections above in mind, look through the last two paragraphs of this piece and look for areas where you can improve.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com
OP Asselya /  
thanks fot checking my essay!!!)))

what grade you can give me?
OP Asselya /  
may i ask question?...it is ok if will use sentences with question? i mean toefl is academic style, while sentences with question is not always academicly...???

it will better if i will use example in each mini paragraphs or at least on example in pasaage??
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good morning :)

I think I'd probably give it a low C right now, as it is without the corrections. I think it is appropriate to ask a question as long as you answer it, or acknowledge it further in the text. If possible, I suggest using an example that pertains to the topic subject in each paragraph.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Writing Feedback / Telling the truth is not a best option always