How many tonnes of goods were transported in the UK over a 28-year period

tienanh 1 / -  
the quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transportation

The quantities of products shipped by road, rail, water and pipeline

The line graph demonstrates how many tonnes of goods transported in the UK over a 28-year period starting in 1974 by four different modes of transport, namely road, water, rail, and pipeline.

Overall, over this span of 28 years, road was a transport that shipped the largest amount of goods. On the other hand, the quantity of goods shipped by pipeline was just one fourth compared to that of road.

From 1974 to 1982, the numbers of tonnes of goods transferred by water and pipeline were both rose, but that of water grew with the higher speed. Over the next 8-year period, the quantity of products shipped by water and pipeline remained relatively constant. In the last 12-year span, tonnes of goods transported by pipeline increased slightly to more than 20 million tonnes, whereas that of water declined steadily and then rose sharply to about 60 million tonnes.

The quantities of products shipped by road and rail had many fluctuations. The amount of goods which was transferred by road reached the lowest point at around 70 million tonnes in 1982 and it hit a peak at just under 100 million tonnes in 2002. on the other hand, that of rail also reached the highest point at nearly 40 million tonnes in the last year.

Anh, the presentation has a number of minor problems that need to be addressed. For the summary overview, you need to present at least 3 sentences for that portion so you could resolve that problem by offering the data for summary, instructions for the discussion and an assumption of the trend to be discussed. The other parts of the essay are acceptable and informative.

There is a part in the analysis when you said that there was a fluctuation in the graph. Since those fluctuations have an assumed numerical value in the chart, you should have noted the value and the dates of fluctuation in the paragraph. That way the analytical essay would have more accurate and informative in presentation. Use actual figures or assumed figures whenever possible. Don't say "one fourth", assume the closest figure in the graph and then say "is assumed to be..." or something similar. In relation to that, when you note a steady decline in something, mention the figure that starts the decline, then the lowest point of decline that started the upward trend thereafter.

These problems do not indicate any real problems with your presentation development. These just mean that you are good at analyzing the data but can be even better. So work on the "even better" part so that you can get the best possible scoring considerations in the actual test.

Home / Writing Feedback / How many tonnes of goods were transported in the UK over a 28-year period