Home / Writing Feedback   % width   Posts: 3

IELTS WRITING TASK 2- TOPIC: Advertisment

ngahn 1 / -  
Research indicates that some consumers nowadays are less influenced by advertising than in the past. Why and positive or negative development?

Advertisement has long played a critical role in getting a company's products or campaigns known or improving sales. Nonetheless, recent studies have shown that, compared to the past, commercials are having a decreasing impact on customers' purchase decisions. There are several driving factors behind this phenomenon, and I reckon that this is a positive trend.

Regarding why consumers are less suggestive to advertising these days, the first cause to consider is people's disbelief in the validity of the product on screen. Understandably, in such a cut-throat economy, to avoid making ludicrous purchases is to partly achieve the goal of saving. Therefore, individuals now prefer sticking to what they are used to, or only end up buying a product on recommendation of trusted friends; in other words, the risk of a new thing not coming up to their expectations when seeing it on the advertisement is equivalent to a potential waste of money. Additionally, with easy access to the Internet, customers can look through the review pages on which other people share their thoughts and experience with the product, and they will determine whether to buy or not afterwards. It seems that those feedbacks have gained more credit and favor from buyers than an exaggerated commercial.

That the influence of advertisements on consumers has declined is indeed of consumers' interest. This means they have bettered their critical thinking to evaluate benefits and shortages among available options, thus making informed decisions. Eventually, such actions will lead to anti-consumerism, a trend going against mindless consumption, and in turn help to protect the environment. Besides, once companies realize the depleting significance of commercials, hopefully they would decrease the number of annoying unsolicited advertisements popping up whenever one is surfing online and instead resort to more innovative marketing campaigns.

In conclusion, invalidity and exaggeration in advertising have resulted in lesser impact on making purchase decisions, which, I opine, consumers can greatly benefit from.

Holt  Educational Consultant - / 15200  
. There are several driving factors behind this phenomenon, and I reckon that this is a positive trend.

The ideas discussed in this run-on sentence are unrelated. Therefore, you must revise it by giving each idea a single sentence presentation. One idea per sentence. Simply using the word "and" does properly connect the sentence ideas. It only creates a grammatical error for which points would be deducted in an actual test.

Try not to use inappropriate English vocabulary in the essay so as to avoid deductions to your LR score. Just because a word sounds like it would apply to a given discussion does not mean that it actually will. When the sentence does not feel naturally formed, and it is obvious that you are after a higher LR score, the lower the score you will receive due to incorrect or exaggerated word usage.

Remember that the concluding summary has a 2 sentence minimum. You cannot use a run on sentence in that section as it will result in a failing GRA score.
mmatmmee 3 / 3  
I think there's some word choice to concern, "less suggestive" to "less influenced". A concluding paragraph is also too short.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 2- TOPIC: Advertisment
Need professional help with your assignments? Fill out one of these forms: