Tourism has developed remarkably over the last five decades

thanhbui64 2 / 2  
Tourism has increased so much over the last 50 years that it is having a mainly negative impact on local inhabitants and the environment. However, others claim that it is good for the economy.

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of tourism and give your own opinion.

It is true that tourism has developed remarkably over the last five decades, having bad influences on local residents and the environment. Nevertheless, others suppose that it is beneficial for national commerce. This essay will discuss both positive and negative effects.

On the one hand, tourism has been contributing significantly to the state budget, especially for the countries having many tourist attractions. In particular, the government and entrepreneurs launch campaigns and advertisements in order to attract as many visitors as possible. When they take tours, they would pay for many things such as tickets, souvenirs, entertainment, accommodation, and services. As a result, the money would be used for maintenance, or developing better local infrastructure. Furthermore, the life of local people would be improved substantially, with more jobs, such as tour guides, and souvenir sellers. It makes their living standards better.

On the other hand, I would argue that there are some drawbacks of the "smoke-free" industry. Tourism could bring about some bad habits, such as smoking, alcoholism, gambles, or drugs. Dangerously, they are effortless to penetrate the daily life of residents, leading to the increase of crimes. Moreover, the features of local culture would be wiped out by modern lifestyles. In addition, tourism has been destroying the environment nearby. In reality, there are many cases of ruining the famous tourist attractions by bad behaviors of visitors, such as drawing on the wall, or throwing garbage. Therefore, the number of visitors reduces gradually because they find it offensive to see the landscapes polluted.

In conclusion, Tourism is a potential industry if the government and people are able to take advantage of it. However, its downsides would be dangerous for local inhabitants and the environment.
I would argue

This is a general reference essay. You are supposed to use the common and general public point of view for the discussion. This is not a personal opinion essay. You are not expected to use first person personal pronouns when writing this task because of the general nature of the discussion. You cannot claim to take a particular side in the discussion. You cannot influence the reader to side with a particular opinion. This type of prompt requires you to merely inform the reader, allowing him or her to come to her own decision or conclusion based on the provided information. You will lose points for trying to influence the poitn of view of the reader in this case. It does not follow the discussion presentation requirements.
tieuthanh 4 / 11 1  
@thanhbui64

You should summarize disadvantages more fully in conclusion, rather than just mentioning "would be dangerous...".

For example, you could write "it leads to some drawbacks in society such as increasing crime rates and environment damage"

Home / Writing Feedback / Tourism has developed remarkably over the last five decades