"training is more important than natural talent?" - IELTS WRITING TASK

Ieltslearner 1 / 1  
Issue:It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance, for sports or music, and others are not. however, it's sometimes, claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician. Discuss both sides and give some opinion.

Answer:The discussion about whether training is more important than natural talent to be a professional sports man or musician is a controversial issue. Some people say that anyone can reach their highest level by training and practicing but others do not agree and say talent is obligatory for being successful. I will discuss on both sides.

The supporters of the idea that people can be successful only by training show some logical reasons. Firstly, people can reach in their high levels by doing proper scientific training and practice. By training on regular basis they can remove their weaknesses as well as develop their abilities, because it's often said that practice makes a man perfect. Secondly, if a talented person does not take proper training or unable to know how to use his talent, he wold not be successful ever. For example, everybody knows that Bruce Lee was a talented star, but if he himself never met a good teacher, he would have failed to find his abilities.

On the other hand, the defenders of second opinion also find a firm ground for their thought. To begin with, proper trainings and practices only make people proficient in the scientific fields rather than in arts and sports. For instance, if a child is provided training and practices, he would just make a smarter body not an athlete because it exceeds his capability. Moreover, many cases are found in real that only God bestows certain talents on some individuals. For example, Beethoven is considered one of the greatest musician of all time though he was a deaf and unable to taste his works but God gifted talent made him such a renowned musician. In addition, some child stars has made highest position which is totally unobtainable for many adults despites they have degrees from universities. So these facts prove that to be successful some instincts are needed.

To balance, I would like to state that, training is important for a person, but talent is necessary for him to be successful in his own career. It is therefor, people should find their own skills and talents and develop them considerably. Finally, it is the endeavor,passion,skill not only talent make a person successful.
Firstly , people can reach in their high levelsbest heights by doing proper scientific training and practice. By training on regular basis they can removeimprove on their weaknesses as well as developfurther sharpen their skills and abilities, because it'sit is often said that practice makes a man perfect. Secondly, if a talented person does not take proper training or unable to know how to use his talent, he wold not be successful ever .

For example, Beethoven is considered one of the greatest musicians of all time though he was a deaf and unable to tastefeel and enjoy his own works. butHowever, hisGg od gifted talent made him such a renowned musician.
OP Ieltslearner 1 / 1  
Hi,dumi..thanks 4 ur help...

Home / Writing Feedback / "training is more important than natural talent?" - IELTS WRITING TASK