Travel during Public Holidays - Problems & Solutions

earlnguyen 1 / 1  
It is becoming increasingly popular for people to travel to tourist destinations during public holidays. What problem(s) does this cause? What solutions are there to these problems?

visitors on public holidays issue

It is true that many people spend their public holidays visiting travel destinations. This essay will argue that turning tourist sites into huge rubbish dumps during these periods of time is a serious downside and a viable way to solve this problem is to prepare more waste disposal facilities.

The danger of litter comes into sight at tourist attractions during national holidays. This is because the number of visitors is increasing rapidly these days and they usually leave behind not just their footprints but a vast quantity of waste after their sightseeing there. Unfortunately, the rubbish generated by tourists is unable to be processed immediately due to the limited capacity of local waste management facilities. For example, travelers often outnumber the resident population in some well-known tourist destinations in Vietnam such as Hoian and Sapa on public holidays and the rubbish they leave behind turns the environment into a place which is under threat of these pollutants because it takes days for locals to clean and process them thereafter.

In order to cope with this issue, governments should provide enough landfill sites on the spot during peak holiday seasons. Although this solution cannot help to enhance the capability for processing on a daily basis of local refuse disposal systems, it can prevent leaving huge mounds of rubbish lying in the open public areas which not only are an eyesore but also breed germs and pests. Another good way to implement this approach is to install more trash cans at tourist destinations because these waste containers are more convenient and easily be removed. According to a survey conducted in 2015 by the Tourist Review Magazine, two fifths of tourists suggested that the provision of extra garbage cans in many places of interest would tackle the problem mentioned.

In conclusion, the huge amount of rubbish being generated by visitors on public holidays endangers the environment of tourist destinations and governments should provide more temporary disposal facilities during this period to deal with it.

Please help me to increase the band score graded for this essay!
Earl, you are only asking for help from the contributors and users at this forum. I will not allow you to disrespect the users and contributors here by issuing a command / demand with an exclamation point. Why are you shouting at us? Have we done anything to offend you? Who are you angry at? Why the over emphasis? Are you giving us an ultimatum? What was the purpose of shouting? It doesn't accomplish anything. You will get the same treatment as the other users here. My aim as a contributor is already to help you increase your band score. Therefore, closing your sentence with an exclamation point is something I find highly offensive and a sign of disrespect, not only for myself, but for everyone who uses this forum. Shout at us one more time and nobody will help you with your essay review.

If you review the essay prompt, you will see that you are taking the wrong approach to this essay discussion. You are turning it into a argument when a simple discussion is all that is required. You seem to have a knack for arguing with people. Change that state of mind. Essays are about discussions. Debates are about arguments. This is not a debate, this is an essay discussion. Your whole opening paragraph has taken the wrong approach to the topic provided and does not really represent the expected paraphrasing information. Here is the correct paraphrase for this topic:

An increasing number of tourists go to travel destinations during holidays. The number of visitors to these areas creates certain problems that require specific solutions. This essay will discuss one of the main problems that this situation causes and suggest a possible solution to the said problem.

Your discussion of the problem would have been better served by a general instead of specific representation. If the examiner is not familiar with a place that you are discussing, he may not be able to fully grasp the discussion you are presenting. Offering a general scenario in most instances garners a better score than being specific. Unless, that specific reference is made with the support of personal experience or information.

By the way, avoid presenting factual data in your essay. Just use publicly known information to defend your stance. The reasons that you should not present factual data is not because the veracity of your claims will be questioned, but because you do not have the time to do research during the actual exam. More importantly, there is no access to the internet outside of the LAN network of the testing center. Do not practice your essay test in situations that do not emulate the actual set up of the exam center. You will not benefit from that.

Basically, the information I presented to you should help you to increase your overall score. If you continue to have us review your practice essays, I will be able to tell you if your scores are improving or not as you progress.
tunglinh0907 8 / 18 3  
I think your essay is quite good. However, it would be better if you discussed from 2 problems or 3 problems and solutions for at least 2 problems. Your essay just contains only one problem regarding trash and garbage. That's not enough.
OP earlnguyen 1 / 1  
Holt, I'm sorry if the request mentioned above is offensive to you. I didn't mean any kind of privilege here. The thing is that I finished typing my essay and realized that I should add a comment as a message following. This turned out to be my closing sentence then. BTW, the exclamation point was used improperly in this sentence.

Thank you very much for your comments, though I may not agree with your knack one.

Home / Writing Feedback / Travel during Public Holidays - Problems & Solutions