Home / Writing Feedback % width Posts: 2

Ielts 2 - Traveling to other places - Agree/Disagree

BaoNgocPham 1 / -  
It is not necessary for people to travel to other places to learn about the culture. We can learn as much as from books, films, and the Internet. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

My task:

Thanks to the advancements in documents and media, people can easily learn about new cultures worldwide. Some people believe that it is not crucial to travel around different sites to get information about cultural countries. From my personal perspective, I think this argument is misguided for the following reasons.

First of all, learning new cultures through papers or historical movies which is not enough. People can not see the beauty of heritages in a realistic life. As a result, they may not access to values or traditions of the cultures.

Moreover, travelling to these destinations makes tourists learn much more effective than reading bland papers. Because when they come in these places, it helps them to engage with local residents and have a chance to hear interesting stories. This also lasts longer in travellers' minds.

In conclusion, I think travelling is essential to study the culture of a place and its benefits can not be substituted by obtaining information from media.
Holt  Educational Consultant - / 14985 4814  
There are 2 reasons that this essay will receive a failing score. The first is in relation to the word count. The second reason, is due to your inability to follow discussion instructions. This is not going to come anywhere close to a passing score.

The minimum word count is 250. You wrote about 168 words only. So once the percentage deduction points for the lacking words are applied, you will receive a non passing preliminary TA score. The essay will start with a failing score that it will need to overcome in the discussion paragraphs. However, since you did not follow the discussion instructions for the measured response essay, you will not receive a passing TA score for the actual test either. Therefore, you will receive a failing score for this writing.

Home / Writing Feedback / Ielts 2 - Traveling to other places - Agree/Disagree