Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

Is it true that the technological improvement will devastate the conventional abilities and habits?

Ilmi_03 47 / 69 11  
When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out.
It is pointless to try and keep them alive.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

The advances in technology have become a triumph for human civilization. Most people argue that when a country initiates technological improvement, it will devastate the conventional abilities and habits. Thus, it does not make sense to preserve them. However, I personally believe that some efforts can be established to maintain our former lifestyles.

It is noticeable that modern technology has changed people's daily life in some extents, particularly communications system. Since the wide range of mobile phone and gadget, people are reluctant to interact directly, as they had in few years ago. A recent study of Oxford University found that individuals spend almost two-fourth of their time to interact with sophisticated devices, either contacting distant relatives or colleagues, arguing in social media, or searching information. They adjust to live in virtual world than gather in social life. As the result, people have less interaction with their communities and it will decrease social bound eventually. For instance, gotong royong, a traditional routine in Indonesia when people cooperate to clean their neighborhood once a week regularly, usually in Friday or Sunday morning. Men clean drains along the road while women serve meals. Unfortunately, this activity is hard to find recently because people choose to stay at home and keep in touch with their gadget. All in all, technology has hidden danger for human life.

However, people can make some attempts in aim to retain their exemplary behavior. Firstly, citizens can change the way how they travel. Turning from using private car to ride bicycle and go on foot to college or office provide plenty of opportunities to interact with others. Also, people can spend their leisure time by walking around or get exercise in the park. This activity offer chance to meet acquaintances. Implementing those habits is beneficial, people is not only keep to interact in the society, but also they can keep fit.

To sum up, while the development of technology enable to damage human life, particularly undermine social bound, there are many ways to practice in order to keep ideal, conventional habits. Where possible, individuals can begin to practice those habit by their own in local communities.

Home / Writing Feedback / Is it true that the technological improvement will devastate the conventional abilities and habits?