What type of music are you keen on? What are the songs you often listen to?

hntrucquynh 1 / -  

your favorite music

A nineteenth-century poet once noted that "Music is the universal language of mankind". Throughout the high and low notes of human history, this has undoubtedly been true for me. According to various studies and reports, music can really change our tune. So in this speech, we're gonna have a more direct look at music and its influence on reality through a particular song.

As an introverted girl from Generation Z, I am into music that is delicate and smooth while still being trendy and modern. I discovered that the pop ballad was an ideal suit for me. One of my favorite tracks recently is "First Man," which was performed by Camila Cabello. The titular figure of the song is actually an allusion to her father, for he is "the first man that really loved" her. The storyline of the song reads like the singer was about to spend her first night staying with her lover. And this has her dad worried. So she spends an amount of time trying to ease his worry about the relationship she was in. And this is an emotional moment for both her and her dad.

The song's lyrics effectively convey the father's care for his daughter. Even though the daughter is on the verge of becoming mature, the father still looks out for her, even if it's the simplest. The only man who is always willing to sacrifice for us unconditionally is our father. I have read somewhere that "A father's tears and fears are unseen, his love is not directly expressed, but his care and protection remain as a pillar of strength throughout our lives." Yet, because of this, we tend to forget this silent affection. We are just concerned with our phones, friends, current entertaining events, etc. The distance gap between us and our father becomes bigger and bigger. As a result, I believe we should show our father more love, gratitude, and care in our daily actions: ask if he is tired after work,... We are typically able to say "love" directly to our partner, but we are embarrassed to do so with our parents, particularly our father. However, you know what even just a simple direct love-showed word from us can also sound like music to them. Last year, I participated in a personal development course that included a final activity in which I had to express my love to my father directly. He cried somewhat when I simply said "I love you" to him; it was the first time I had seen his tears. That partly shows how happy our father will be to hear such words from us. Hence, just start doing it; it may seem awkward at first, but it will become a wonderful habit over time.

All things considered, daddies do not just love their children every now and then, it's a love without end. Hence, we should be appreciative and thankful that we still have the opportunity to show love back to dad. If we want to be helpful, make a significant contribution to society. Be sympathetic and beholden to our parents first.
A nineteenth-century poet once noted

In order for this quotation to be effective in your speech, you need to provide the actual name of the person you are citing. Otherwise, this is just an empty quote that will not catch the ear of the listener. A speech needs to open with an effective hook. Using your own words, through your personal experience or considerations for the speech topic would have been more effective. Since you are falling on your own interpretation of these words within the opening spiel, then maybe, you do not need to use this quote?

we're gonna

This is a formal speech. No room for English slang here. Use the complete words. You want to show your listeners and your teacher that you can use grammatically correct and, academically acceptable English.

recently

There is no need to refer to a time frame in this case. You can just go directly to mentioning the song since it is a current pop favorite. Gear your words towards the age of your audience. A time reference needs to be used only if you are talking to people who are say, the age of your parents or older, who may not be familiar with the singer.

etc

Another informal word reference. You need to remember that you are writing mainly for a grade here. Your teacher will be looking for proper use of English words and references. No short cuts or quick references can be allowed in this case.

Home / Writing Feedback / What type of music are you keen on? What are the songs you often listen to?