Underground Station passenger numbers in London! The line graph.

KDHo 1 / -  
I'm so I'm so grateful for your help :)

the number of Underground Station commuters

The line graph gives information about the number of passengers using London Underground Station in different times over the course of a day.
It can be seen that, there is a sharp fluctuation in the number of the Underground Station passengers from 6 am till 10 pm, and the times that people are most likely to go to and leave from their workplace are the busiest times of a day, 8 am and 6 pm.

Underground Station's first train starts with a modest number of passengers, at just 100. However, this figure dramatically rises and reaches a peak of 400 people at 8 am. After this the number drops quickly to approximately 200 passengers at 10 o'clock. Between 11 am and 2 pm, the passengers number slightly rises with a plateau of just under 300 people using the station.

From 3 pm to 4 pm, there is a significant decline in the number of Underground subway commuters, with less than 100 people travelling. This figure then increases rapidly to peak at nearly 375 people at 6 pm before dropping sharply to about 125 passengers at 8 pm. After 8 pm, just around 150 passengers using this station in London.

ValC 1 / 2  
I think this was well written, but instead of "the passengers number slightly rises," a better way to word it would be "the number of passengers rises slightly, hitting a plateau of ..."
KD, you have shown a very good understanding of the chart. However, your presentation is not always at its best. For starters, the Task 1 essay is always a 4 paragraph discussion. 4 paragraphs ideally gain the writer the best scoring potential overall. Therefore, you should have tried harder to expand your discussion so that you could have written at least 200 words, comprising 4 paragraphs. 197 words, if divided into 4 paragraphs would have worked just as well.

Another potential problem in this essay is that the chart uses military time, which you altered to the 12 hour time presentation in your essay. This runs counter to the chart presentation and, when compared, could cause undue stress on the reader who will have to convert the 12 hour time reference to military time. Remember that the Task 1 essay is scored on data accuracy in the presentation. Do not change any format that is provided in the essay. Military should have been used in your presentation to help with the coherence and cohesive presentation, as well as the GRA considerations.

You did a good job information-wise though. You have shown a good analytical skill as you were able to almost completely provide an accurate presentation of the chart data.

Home / Writing Feedback / Underground Station passenger numbers in London! The line graph.