[IELTS WRITING TASK 1] UNEMPLOYMENT RATE AND PEOPLE LEAVING IRELAND FROM 1988 TO 2008

Duy Dang 6 / 15  

The given line chart illustrates the unemployment percent and individuals who leave Ireland during the period 1988-2008.

In an overview, it is worth noting that Ireland experienced the most significant quantities of both unoccupied rate and people leaving Ireland in 1988. Furthermore, both data witnessed a general adverse tendency of growth.

At the commencement of the survey, the figure for jobless people and individuals exiting Ireland was the highest in the 20-year period. The former was approximately 15% while it was about 60000 for the latter.

Nevertheless, both data went through a downward trend after that. By 2000, the percentage for idle individuals had decreased dramatically to almost 5%, which is the lowest figure during the survey. The number of people emigrating Ireland underwent the same situation in 2002, when it fell significantly to nearly 25000. However, the proportion of jobless people rose inconsiderable to 6% at the finish of the period, the quantity of people quitting Ireland increased considerable to 50000 as well.

who leave Ireland during the period 1988-2008

Based on the timeframe, these people have already left Ireland. So you cannot use present tense references for them. Please review your time reference usage lessons. Learn the different ways of addressing past, present, and future time indicators. These types of errors will reduce your GRA score due to incorrect grammar usage.

a general adverse

Adverse is not the correct term to use here. Adverse means unfavorable or antagonistice. You were referring to the opposite action reference which is spelled as "reverse". I can see why you were confused by the almost similar sounding words. This indicates a problem with your vocabulary use and understanding. You will need to work on your vocabulary building based on word usage and meaning.
OP Duy Dang 6 / 15  
Thanks for your feedback!

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS WRITING TASK 1] UNEMPLOYMENT RATE AND PEOPLE LEAVING IRELAND FROM 1988 TO 2008