ielts writing task 2 University students are increasingly studying abroad as part of their studies.

maysqv 1 / -  
In contemporary society, a lot of pupils choose abroad instead of local universities. As we all know, studying overseas can give a varied range of experiences, although undergraduates face a number of issues, such as being away from their extended family. In my opinion, choosing to study in another country outweigh several drawbacks.

The main advantage is surely the experience that scholars can gain during their studies. Being an international student learning a language, moreover, adapting to a new culture, system, and environment requires numerous efforts that not everyone can handle. For instance, according to research, employees who have studied overseas are more in demand than local graduates, which means overseas educational providers can offer the best lectures and a high level of knowledge. Despite the issues of adaptation that juniors will face, this is the main advantage that helps them in self-understanding and self-development as a person.

The main challenge that scholars will face while abroad is loneliness. Considering that students will find themselves in a completely different environment, without friends and family, at the same time, undergraduates will encounter cultural and linguistic differences. Being an international student is difficult, both emotionally and physically. For example, when you are studying in your homeland, in case of a problem with documents or housing, you can rely on your parents and friends. Consequently, you have a supporter there. However, if you are an international student, you can rely only on yourself. Thus, you should be mentally prepared to become an independent and responsible person.

To sum up, it has become more popular to get an education overseas nowadays. While being a foreign student can bring a number of loneliness issues, this experience, without doubt, can open new skills in individuals. In my opinion, there are various reasons for the younger generation to leave their homes to study abroad and the movement's benefits easily outweigh its drawbacks.
The writer's opinion does not follow the required format for the essay. The prompt is asking you to simply discuss the advantages and disadvantages of studying abroad. You are not being asked to give support for a specific opinion. This is a general discussion essay. It uses the comparison paragraph format. You will definitely lose Task Accuracy points because of it.

The fact that you are reiterating your opinion in the closing paragraph shows how little you understood the response format requirement of the essay. While your main reasoning points are correct, you cannot avoid the penalties that will come with not giving the correct response format in the restatement and reverse restatement sections.

Home / Writing Feedback / ielts writing task 2 University students are increasingly studying abroad as part of their studies.