Violence in playgrounds is increasing so parents should not teach their children to hit back.

minhanhessay 1 / -  
Violence in playgrounds is increasing. However, it is important that parents should teach children not to hit back at bullies.

Discuss this view and give your opinion.

Playground bullying is a serious issue that needs to be addressed. A growing number of people are of the view that mothers and fathers should educate their offspring not to fight back at aggressors. Personally, I disagree with this conception because it can escalate the situation and lead to more problems in the future.

First, children need parental education to stand up for themselves in order to prevent serious mental and physical health problems. Victims of violence who are unable to counterattack will be continuously viewed as targets for tormentors, resulting in severe injuries. In addition to these physical effects, kids who are bullied are more likely to experience depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, and self-harming behavior. Fighting back at bullies contributes to assisting the victims to overcome their fears and avoid being bullied again.

Besides, hitting back is essential in light of the fact that school violence can have negative influences on victims' academic achievement. As a result of suffering psychological effects, some children who are bullied have a tendency to avoid school activities or drop out of school. Bullying victims also experience a loss of interest in learning which leads to lower test scores.

On the flip side, teaching their children how to tackle aggression in a non-violent way is a better alternative way. Violence only entails more violent behaviors and does not thoroughly solve the problems. Children hitting back at tormentors can feel that they can handle the situation by violence and tend to become bullies in the future.

In conclusion, while parents often teach their kids to handle bullies in a non-violent way, it is essential that children should learn ways to defend against tormentors as it can lead to further problems and escalation of the situation.
This is a well developed point of view discussion. The problem points were targeted, proper opinions were presented, and the writer showed a clear understanding of the given discussion parameters. My only concern is that the writer was asked to present a personal point of view as required by the discussion opinion. Although not specifically stated as a requirement, the GRA score will also be based on the extent by which the writer properly represents his personal opinion through the use of 2 evidentiary claims:

1. The use of personal ownership of points of view via the use of first person pronouns.
2. The necessity of relating his opinions and views on his personal experiences with regards to any type of bullying.

These are the 2 aspects that are often required, but overlooked by the exam taker. Providing these aspects would certainly increase the overall score for an already impressive piece of writing.

Home / Writing Feedback / Violence in playgrounds is increasing so parents should not teach their children to hit back.