(IELTS essay) violent t.v reports to be banned?

joythblessy 86 / 272 15  
Television news shows many scenes of disasters and violence. What effect can this have on individuals and society? Is it necessary to ban reports including violence and disastrous scenes?

Television as a strong audio-visual media has a powerful impact both positive and negative on its viewers. Some people like to see a ban on these violent news broadcasts, while others consider it as a normal part of reporting news. However, I feel instead of banning, some regulations should be implemented for news broadcasts.

Younger generation love to watch violence and they find it thrilling. The teenagers, as less psychologically mature, watch them with interest, get influenced, tend to imitate these scenes and pick up flights in public places. Most importantly, media offers opportunities for potential criminals to be more skillful and dangerous. Those novices obtain essential information for committing crime without any loopholes, from these reports. These tricks enable them to operate the crime brilliantly, escape from being captured and penalized. Additionally, low enforcement has to put more effort to deal with these offenders.

Undeniably, news channels are usually reporting the real life incidents. It is true that, uncensored clippings related to calamities and terrorism has horrific effect on the viewers. Stress and hypertension are common while watching these types of reports. Besides, it makes a feeling of insecurity. Parents may impose restriction on their children and keep a strict vigil on them results in quarrel and misunderstandings among family members and friends. However, with stringent broadcasting law and censorships these adverse impacts can be reduced to an extent.

One the other hand, it has some positive effects also. These telecasts help us to know about the real depth of a these calamities or violence. 'As seeing is believing,' live pictures convey information in the way words cannot. Helping hands in the form of money, medicine and so on, help victims to relieve their sufferings to an extent. Furthermore, we become more conscious about our own security risks and implement more protection to our family members. It is an issue of freedom too. People have full right to know what is happening around as. Freedom of press is an inevitable part of a democratic government.

To conclude, there are both positive and negative impacts of media on people and society. It is unfavorable to impose ban on these reports but same regulations needed. We need to be stay informed. Along with censorship and strict broadcast laws, the viewers should decide what they want to see, instead of imposing ban on reports.
strider 2 / 5  
Younger generation love to watch violence and they find it thrilling
Rephrase the sentence. Its too aggressive.

I liked the flow of the essay though. :)
Hi Tessy :)

Some people like to see a ban on these violent news broadcasts

.... you haven't mentioned anything about violent news in the previous sentence. So, this does not refer to anything. Good Intro anyway :)

Younger generation love to watch violence and they find it thrilling.The teenagers, as less psychologically mature, watch them with interest, get influenced, tend to imitate these scenes and pick up flights in public places. Most importantly, media offers opportunities for potential criminals to be more skillful and dangerous.

...very good, very well presented. :)

It is true that, uncensored clippings related to calamities and terrorism hashave horrific effect on the viewers.

... here, "have" refers to " calamities and terrorism"

To conclude, there are both positive and negative impacts of reporting violence by media on both people and society.

.... you better align your conclusion with the topic. This alignment is very important for the start (i.e. introduction) and the end (conclusion)
Good Essay and I think now your more than ready for the task ;)
devabe2005 46 / 97  
real depth of a these calamities or violence. --> i think real information is possible but real depth is not proper you can write in dept that will be better --> in depth of these calamities or violence.

Home / Writing Feedback / (IELTS essay) violent t.v reports to be banned?