Visitors to Ashdown Museum: IELTS - Describe table and charts

thienji 1 / -  
The table below shows the numbers of visitors to Ashdown Museum during the year before and the year after it was refurbished. The charts show the result of surveys asking visitors how satisfied they were with their visit, during the same two periods.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The table illustrates how many guests came to the Ashdown Museum prior to and after the renovation, while two pie charts compare fulfillment rate of visitors during the same period ranging from very satisfied to highly dissatisfied and no response.

Overall, there were an influx of traffic coming to the museum when it was remodeled. Furthermore, the rate people enjoying the museum also rose, whereas the level of dissatisfaction decreased.

Specifically speaking, following the reconstruction, 92,000 people visited the museum compared to 74,000 guests before that. Regarding the contentment rate, the percentage of extremely contented visitors rose from 15% to 35%. The same trend could be seen in the case of satisfied ones with 10% increase, from 30% to 40%.

On the other hand, the level of unhappy guests decreased, from accounting almost half of the pie chart to less than a quarter. Similar to that, the statistics for extremely unfulfilled ones plummeted, whereas non-response remained stable, with 5%.
What was the rate for the extremely unfulfilled visitors? You did not indicate the percentages for that section of the image. Your representation will be seen as making a false claim. As such, you will lose points in the TA and C+C sections of your essay. That discussion would have added to your word count and therefore, increased your overall scoring possibilities. You should make sure that you indicate all measures next time to avoid such scoring problems in the future.

The presentation itself is strong and easily understood. There is no reason for this essay to not get at least a base passing score with this type of writing. You know why there will be points deducted.

Home / Writing Feedback / Visitors to Ashdown Museum: IELTS - Describe table and charts