[IELTS TASK 1] Numbers of visitors to Ashdown Museum before and after it was refurbished

snackara 3 / 4 1  
Topic: The table below shows the numbers of visitors to Ashdown Museum during the year before and the year after it was refurbished. The charts show the result of surveys asking visitors how satisfied they were with their visit, during the same two periods. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The provided table illustrates the numbers of guests visiting Ashdown Museum in the year before and the year after its refurbishment. The two given pie charts describe visitors' contentment during the same two periods. The measurement in pie charts is percentage.

As the first pie chart suggests, before the reconvention, half of the guests had negative feedback. Meanwhile, there were only 10 percent of visitors very satisfied and nearly a third of them satisfied. The dissatisfied ones accounted for the largest part of the chart, which is 40 percent, whereas the smallest part belongs to the ones with no response, which was 5 percent.

After being remodeled, the number of visitors increased almost a quarter according to the table. The percentage of positive feedback also uplifted sharply, which took up three quarters of the whole, including over a third of visitors very satisfied and nearly a half of visitors satisfied. In contrast, there were only 15 percent and 5 percent of guests dissatisfied and very dissatisfied comparatively. The percentage of people with no response was similar to the previous year.

Overall, there were more people disappointed with their visit before the museum's reconstruction, while the contradictory happened after that. The proportion of guests with no response stayed unchanged. In the subsequent year, the total number of visitors upsurged. (218)

Thanks for your feedback!
The most ideal word count for a task 1 essay would be 175 words. That would assure you of a good score per consideration section. 200 would be the maximum word allowance since you only have 20 minutes to develop this written task. Do not cut into the Task 2 writing time as much as possible since it would be extremely bad for your Task 2 score if you do not meet the full writing requirement due to time miscalculations on your part.

A pie chart was mentioned in one review. What happened to the analysis of the 2nd chart? Make the analysis and comparisons of the 2 pies clear. Address these individually and ensure that the reader is informed about the information difference. You did not do that in this presentation and yet, you managed to over write the essay. There is something wrong with the way you wrote the essay.

Home / Writing Feedback / [IELTS TASK 1] Numbers of visitors to Ashdown Museum before and after it was refurbished