An short essay - ways and reasons why people are escaping from the reality.

michi555 1 / 1  
Nowadays we live in a constant hurry, compete with each other, we are uncertain of future, often don't have a job and any perspective in life. For this reason we want to escape from the reality. We can do it in the positive ways but there're also many destructive methods.

People with weak character can take to drugs or alcohol, because it helps them forget about their problems. Many people, especially children escape in the virtual reality. The reason for this may be problems in the home or school. On the internet they're anonymous, so they can pretend that they're someone else.

There are also more constructive ways to escape from reality like meditation, dreaming, reading books or listening to music. Some people running away from the reality is working-out.

To conclude, escaping from the reality is generally caused by problems, but it doesn't always means something bad. The point is that we should find our way to do it without hurting ourselves.

Please check if there's everything okay with this essay. I have to say it tomorrow and I want to make sure, if there are no mistakes. I'm from Poland and don't know English perfectly, that's why I am asking.

Thanks in advance!! :)
Nowadays we live in a constant hurry, compete with each other, we are uncertain of future, often don't have a job and any perspective in life.

.... I like "constant rush". Also cut down its length;
Nowadays, we live in a constant rush and face stiff competition with one another. We are uncertain about our success, career, and at times, about our future too.

We can do it in the positive ways but there're also many destructive methods.

Although we can do this in a positive way, some people follow many other destructive methods to flee from reality.

People with weak characters can be takenin to drugs or alcohol, because itthey helphelpsthempeople forget about their problems.

People with weaker personalities resort to easy methods to escape from reality. They may consume drugs or alcohol simply in hope of finding a temporary relief for their problems.
OP michi555 1 / 1  
Thanks a lot! ;)
I guess this is a practice essay for IELTS or TOEFL. If so, or even otherwise, you need to add a bit more flesh to this :D...Yes, your essay seem to be too short, especially the body paras.

.... you can elaborate on this idea and come up with a great paragraph. Always try to support your reasoning with examples so the the reader conceives your idea much faster and better. For example;

On the other hand, there are many constructive ways for escaping from stressful reality. Meditation, positive dreaming, listening to music, reading books etc. are more meaningful methods for one engage to relieve stress. For example, if you do yoga everyday for one hour, it helps you not only relieve your metal pressure, but also helps you achieve physical fitness too.

Home / Writing Feedback / An short essay - ways and reasons why people are escaping from the reality.