Home / Writing Feedback   % width NEW!

There are more and more websites opened to help students learn online. It brings many demerits too

nhbt20091996 1 / -  
Question: Many people use distance - learning programmes to study at home, but some people think that it cannot bring the same benefits of attending college or university. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

In recent years, with the development of information technology, there are more and more websites opened to help students learn online lessons. However, whether people should accept distance education or follow traditional education has caused heated debate. In my view, i totally agree that attending class will bring more advantages to students than studying at home.

Firts, there is no doubt that students are more interactive with others by going to school. When a student have questions or problems that he can't solve by himself, he can go and ask his professor directly. In case that the teacher is not there, he can ask his friends and they will find the solutions together. It's obvious that people are able to solve the problems faster when jointly thinking, rather than staying at home and thinking alone. While working together, students can improve their soft skills such as: team - work, social skills and widen relationship as well. In the meantime, distance learning puts learners in a one - way realationship and they have less chance to do so. Hardly will a person get these skills unless he attends university.

In addition, attending class can help learners translate theory into practice. People always say "Practice makes perfect". So, if people keep learning at home, they almost have no chance to perform and show up their talents. Also, there are some subjects focus on communication such as marketing, human resource management, foreign language, which require learners to have discussion in group and work together. These activites benifit students to improve their critical thinking, problem - solving, etc and also raise the confidence in everyone. People are impossible to perform these skills competently without going to school.

This is not to say that we completely ignore the advantages of using distance - learning programmes. Indeed, there are many people too busy earning a living and they can not attend class regularly. With these programmes, a person can learn lessons whenever he wants, thereby saving time as much as he can. There are also many people who live far from the university. By online learning, not only they can spare travelling expense but also save the expensive school fee which they can't afford. However, the benefits that students get when they go to school outweight the advantages of distance learning.

In conclusion, it is a better way for students to attend university; meanwhile, we should not underestimate the advantages that distance education bring us. If university or college can combine two methods, this will bring more value to everyone

Home / Writing Feedback / There are more and more websites opened to help students learn online. It brings many demerits too