[TASK2] As well as making money, businesses also have social responsibilities. AGREE OR DISAGREE?

chloepham 1 / 2 2  
It has been argued that business companies should prioritize social responsibilities besides money as the main driver of business's success. I completely agree with this viewpoint and I will elaborate reasons in this essay.

On the one hand, there are main reasons why companies emphasize earning as much money as possible. The notable reason is the wealth of the business owner and his family. To this end, covering the running costs, such as employee wages and payments for buildings and utilities are the fundamental aspects of maintaining companies. Without paying these basic costs, businesses might suffer great damage, like going into debt or even going bankrupt. However, besides maintaining good financial health and enriching the business, the consideration of other factors such as moral and environmental responsibilities also play a key role in the business's success.

On the other hand, firms should consider the social prospects as they can affect profitability. As many companies overemphasize making a profit, they can do anything, even take illegal shortcuts. For instance, a company can boost the appeal of its products by adding addictive materials, regardless of the customer's health. This is a noticeable case of failing to set an ethical boundary for business management. Furthermore, the environmental approach is also necessary for protecting companies' rate flow. For example, Toyota Motor, a car manufacturing company, is facing the largest-ever fine of $180 million due to surpassing the specified limit of air pollution. If companies keep ignoring these environmental regulations, they might face another unexpected penalty.

In conclusion, I believe that companies should place as much importance on their social responsibilities as they do on their financial objectives.
and I will elaborate reasons in this essay.

The writer's opinion is lacking a proper thesis statement to support the opinion presented. Do not just say you will explain the reasons, indicate a summarized form of the reasons so that the TA requirements regarding writer opinion clarity will be fully met. Your opinion statement left me confused because the basis of your upcoming discussion was not clearly established.

You will get a failing score for this essay because your opinion was not successfully defended in the presentation. You must be focused on explaining only your opinion. Never turn this into a comparative discussion because you were given an extent question. It is a single opinion explanation. You will not receive a score for the non supporting paragraphs. Those words will be deducted from the word count, bringing you under the minimum requirement, and adding to the deductions to your score.
snackara 3 / 4 1  
Since this is a single opinion essay, you should concentrate in your opinion. You can consider other sides' arguments, but you should provide reasons which rebutting other sides' arguments to contribute to your opinion. For example: Excessive concentration on profits can result in crimes which adversely affecting society such as: money laundering, racketeering or corruption, etc.

Thanks for reading my feedback.

Home / Writing Feedback / [TASK2] As well as making money, businesses also have social responsibilities. AGREE OR DISAGREE?