IELTS WRITING TASK 2-work-based training's advantages outweigh its disadvantages

OhMyV4g 1 / -  
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.

Write about the following topic:
In some countries there are more young people choosing to enrol in work-based training instead of attending university.
Do the advantages of this situation outweigh the disadvantages?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Write at least 250 words.

Many people in particular countries prefer to do on-the-job training rather than going to a formal class. Although each situation has its own risk, the benefits of this condition exceeds the drawback, which will be discussed in this essay.

One of the weaknesses from doing the job training is there are less career options. Job training and a real job in the future are intertwined, because mostly people who do the vocational training are recruited by companies with the same field before graduating. Therefore, they may not have many options related to their job. That means when people decide to undergo a work training, they should also carefully consider their working field.

However, this condition gives better offer than just a career field. When people are called for a job before their graduation, they can immediately work without worrying about not having a job. Additionally, it is often for some companies to pay a salary for people who do an apprenticeship. It means that people can pay for their job training tuition fees as if it is reducted. Hence, they can get faster money compared to people who studying at university.

To sum up, doing training for a job gives more merit for people rather than going to tertiary education. Despite having less career field option, their future job is guaranteed and they do not have to worry about being unemployed. In my view, it is not surprising that people tend to work immediately after their graduation, considering the benefits that it allows.

(253 words)

Any feedbacks would be highly appreciated ^^ thank you
which will be discussed in this essay.

Explain your opinion. What is the basis of your explanation in the earlier sentence? Give a summarized representation of your reasons. Do not just say that you will discuss it. Create an overview of the discussion to meet writer's opinion clarity requirements.

The essay will receive a failing score because it does not have a summary conclusion paragraph. You wrote a last paragraph, that continued to discuss other reasons for your opinion rather than summarizing the actual presentation from the previous 2 reasoning paragraphs. Therefore, the examiner will give this essay an automatic failing score. You failed to properly close your discussion. Where there is no conclusion, there is an incomplete essay discussion.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 2-work-based training's advantages outweigh its disadvantages