Working before studying - paper

Cuong Trinh 2 / 4  

more to learn than to lose

It is becoming increasingly common for young people to take a job for several years before coming to the university. Although this could have some advantages and also disadvantages, I believe that the convenience is outweigh to the drawbacks.

Working before going to study in a university give the young many advantages. First of all, they will have changes to gain their skills such as time management, communicating confidently with others and handling their money effectively. Also, young people could earn their experience in work. Perhaps, they can use the computer in a professional way or talk naturally with customers. Beside that, young people can build their relationship by their jobs. They could work and meet may people. In the same way, young people could learn how to do the team work and learn experience from other people. Finally, working will give them more money in order to improve their life.

On the other hand, working before going to study in a university has some disadvantages. I think the biggest problem is that the young lack of skills and experience for their jobs while companies or organisations sometime just need the experienced. In addition, young people could take a long time to get used to do with their jobs, which is not really simple.

All in all, young people should be recommended to have jobs for a few years between school and university. Taking up a job can give them more changes to learn than to lose. Therefore, it could help them make their life be better.
hcpsleeil 1 / 5 1  
Nice transitions in your essay, but I think you're arguement would be a lot stronger if you had some personal examples. Maybe if you worked a job, or even if a friend or sibling did.
Veranda 5 / 13 4  
@Cuong Trinh
Hello! I have some suggestions for you
1. before coming to going to/attending the university
2. the convenience is outweighs to the drawbacks.
3. Working before going to studying in a at university gives
4. changes chances
5. avoid being repetitive with "young people". Maybe you can change it to "the youth" or only "people"
OP Cuong Trinh 2 / 4  
@Veranda
Thanks a lot for your help!

Home / Writing Feedback / Working before studying - paper