IELTS WRITING TASK 2 : Young population outnumbers the old in various countries

thanhthao22552 1 / -  
"At the present time, the population of some countries includes a relatively large number of young adults, compared with the number of older people.

Do the advantages of this situation outweigh the disadvantages?"

In the world nowadays, that young people outnumber the old in various countries is a matter of dispute. Despite some downsides of this trend, personally, the benefits that it brings about are more remarkable.

On the one hand, young population is disadvantageous in certain situations. Firstly, a considerable growth in the number of young adults can directly lead to a rise in employees who lack hands-on experience and training. For example, it takes at least 10 to 14 years to become a fully licensed doctor, so once the seniors take their retirement, numerous hospitals will encounter an extreme shortage of professionals. Moreover, youthful population may increase markedly the rate of crimes since the way young people think is sometimes fairly short-sighted, so they are more likely to engage in criminal activities than the older.

On the other hand, the advantages of this situation also need to be taken into consideration. Particularly, young adults can be seen as an abundant workforce, which helps the long-term development of the countries' economies become more sustainable. This is because they are still in good health and energetic enough to accomplish a heavy workload as well as cope with pressure in the workplace for a long period of time. Moreover, the youth are more open-minded and their adaptability is much better than the elders. Therefore, they can often come up with new ideas which may become the inspiration for many future improvements and do not have to struggle to keep pace with the fast-paced advancement of technology.

In conclusion, presently, that youth population accounts for a larger proportion than demographic aging in the total population has been so popular in a myriad of countries. While there are some disadvantages of this trend, its pros seem to overshadow the analyzed drawbacks.

( 294 words)
a matter of dispute

This is an incorrect interpretation of the original presentation. There is no dispute presented since only one public opinion has been provided to you for the discussion. Indicating such a change in the original topic point of view will be seen as a prompt alteration, receving the appropriate number of percentage score deductions. Do not try to re-envision the topic as provided. Merely restate is as close to the original form as possible.

The discussion could be better. For this type of instruction, you must use the paragraph compare and contrast discussion. You should present 2 advantages and disadvantages by discussing the same in a single paragraph. That means, you have to take 2 disadvantages and, in cohesive paragraphs, explain why this is actually an advantage.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS WRITING TASK 2 : Young population outnumbers the old in various countries