Younger people are not suitable for important positions in government of countries?

charpay_k 5 / 13  
TOPIC: some people think that younger people are not suitable for important positions in government of countries. Other argue that younger people have new ideas in these positions. Discuss that advantages and disadvantages for that.

Will you vote for a 30-year-old young man to be the mayor in your city? Perhaps in this occasion, it is not easy for you to make a decision. Via this essay, I aim to help you with some analyses of the benefits as well as the drawbacks on this issue.

From my perspective, it is the truth that the young can bring a great number of new ideas and change to the development of our society. The governments of China, for instance, stimulate graduates as officers to contribute themselves to the construction of the countryside. To our joy, most of the country areas have put on new looks thanks to the performance of these young people. What's more, as the new generations are better educated, they are capable to deal with a majority of problems with specialized knowledge of diverse aspect. If an elder officer is assigned to design a reasonable setting of the traffic lights, he or she may have to conduct lots of experiments. However, a younger qualified man can accomplish this task using statistics in just a few days. From these two points, it is appropriate to appoint younger people to take some important positions in the government.

In contrast, we have to take a view of another side of the coin. Initially, since young men are always the freshmen in politics, they are in fact lacking experience. When the economic crisis comes, we cannot expect these 'babies' to save the world of commerce successfully. Also, younger people are less patient and circumspect than elder people when facing a position to reach a conclusion. In case that they determine to execute their commands hastily, there may be a catastrophe to the whole nation.

As far as I am concerned, there are certainly young talents that are suitable for certain positions of the government. Nonetheless, we should consider more cautiously with strict tests when choosing new members of the government.
Katniss 1 / 4  
Sorry, I dont have the score for this essay. IELTS essays are pretty much similar to TOEFL and SAT writing. I have never taken IELTS myself. By the way, how much time and how long the essay has to be? With this as a rough draft, i think you can expand your ideas a bit.
OP charpay_k 5 / 13  
Actually, IELTS is quite different from TOEFL, especially from SAT! An IELTS essay does not need to be as precise as a SAT one. And normally, I need to write at least 250 in less than thirty minutes. It is easier than SAT, but generally it is enough.
Katniss 1 / 4  
Sorry for the false information. From how i view the prompt, it seems similar (at least to me). If you only have 30 mins, then you should be good.
OP charpay_k 5 / 13  
That's fine; I am really grateful as you are so helpful!
But I have tried IELTS for three times. I always got only 5.5 on writing. When I practiced in my spare time, my teacher gave me an average score of 6.5 or above....I am so confused!

By the way, I once took SAT and got 8 for my essay.
How do you think about?
Katniss 1 / 4  
I also practice my SAT essays and my teacher gave me pretty high score, but in the actual test, i never receive high score, but only average.

SAT essay score of 8 is not a bad score, although it means that you can also improve. The trick is to practice writing a lot a week or two before the test. Write about 1 to 2 prompts per day to get the structure as well as some ideas down. You can reuse your ideas as much as you want. Once you get really familiar with your structure of writing, i think you can be comfortable taking the real test.
whitney 21 / 38  
It is great_the two sides and the conclusion. I am not sure whether my comments are ok. Please decide it yourself.
OP charpay_k 5 / 13  
yeah~ I do prepare every day for my Jan SAT. Anyway, thank you very much!

Home / Writing Feedback / Younger people are not suitable for important positions in government of countries?