IELTS TASK 2: Youth crime rate is increased dramatically. What can we give as the solutions?

ichanpants89 [Contributor] 16 / 777 309  
Levels of youth crime are increasing rapidly in most cities around the world.
What are the reasons for this, and suggest some solutions!

In recent years, many cities around the world have seen alarming increases in the levels of juvenile crime. This is because the affection of parents is declining and media manipulates the young people. I would argue that there are some solutions to overcome this problem such as getting help from police officers and giving socialization to parents in schools.

With regard to the reasons of why youth crime is significantly increased, there are two main reasons. Firstly, it is because parents' affection is declined. This makes the teenagers feel lack of affection from his or her parents which then make them attract attention from another source. For example, young people who have less affection from their parents will get attention from their friend instead. This results to a shift in the way they behave, because of not all of them are nice persons. Secondly, media is also play a big role in increasing the crime rate. This is because media nowadays are lack of prevention in which mostly they show violence like murder, fighting, and robbery carelessly. As a result, they tend to imitate what happen in the media even it is bad or good, they cannot measure that.

However, every problem always has some solutions. Then, there are two core solutions to reduce the high crime rate in young people. First of all, people should get help from police officers, if they find a vandalism or violence done by teenagers, immediately. For example, when teenagers damage the public property or do some graffiti at walls, the people who see it should call the police. This results in a decline of juvenile crime rate which also good for the society as a solution. Second of all, parents should get socialization, such as in schools or in the neighborhood, about the current issue about youth crime rate. This can create a good awareness of parents in helping reducing the crime. Consequently, the crime rate will be reduced significantly.

In sum, several factors have led to increases in youth crime, but measures are available to tackle this problem. It is because parents' devotion is dropping and media also manipulates the teenagers. Thus, the aforementioned evidence reveals that, some solutions are available and recommended which I believe that will be good for society. I hope in the future, these solutions can really be applied in the society worldwide.
yonathan66 30 / 27 5  
Hi Ichant, i have some suggestion for you. Please correct me if i am wrong. Thank you

2nd Paragraph
Firstly, it is because parents' affection is declined. => First, it is because parents' affection HAS declined

This makes the teenagers feel lack of affection ... . => let me give you alternative => Children will try to get attention from others as they have less affection from their parents.

This is because media nowadays are lack of prevention ... =>i will give you alternative for this sentence => Nowadays, many programs which contain violence like murder, fighting and etc have been showed by media, so then kids' behavior can be influenced by this.

Home / Writing Feedback / IELTS TASK 2: Youth crime rate is increased dramatically. What can we give as the solutions?