Immigrants from China- Choose a Topic(value a diverse community)

yr_0331 4 / 4  
There is a question that comes from an undergraduate application:

At the UM, we value a diverse community. How have your life experiences and background shaped you into an individual who will enrich the UM community?

I do not know what to write that can make me more distinctive among all applicant. I am an immigrants from China, and I came here one year ago, that is my simple background.

Anyone can give me some suggestions? Your suggestions will help me a lot!
Thank you.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

You are fortunate that you are exactly the sort of person the school is saying they value: one from another culture, who can bring diversity to the university. Your life experiences are broader than someone who has always lived in the same place and been surrounded by familiar things and people all his life. It took a certain amount of courage and belief in yourself to make such a big change. Think about your strengths and the challenges you have been through to get where you are, and use those to show the school that you are someone who will be both at home in their community and unique to it as well.

Good luck!

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Essays / Immigrants from China- Choose a Topic(value a diverse community)