Home / Graduate   % width NEW!

'attending animation events' - NY-Poly Personal Letter?

artsir 1 / -  
I'm applying for NY-Poly Grad school, I will already be attaching a resume and CV. So i'm just wondering how detailed I should be?

Personal Letter

I'm applying for Master Degree in computer science, because I want to take my studies in computer science further. Even though my background is not directly related to this major. My 5 years of working in animation has shown my capabilities of being a professional. I know how to work with people, stick to deadlines, manage my time and overall get things done.

The decision to get a Master in computer science came to a crescendo through several years of online tutorials, classes at NYU and my personal studies with books. With my degree, I want to understand computers better and problem solve with more confidence. Being part of an environment with like-minded people is an experience that interests me. Technology is moving very fast and I want to be part of its growth.

My goal with the degree is to become a software engineer. Help develop applications for the desktops and mobile devices. I would like to land a job at a company where I can be part of a team working on things bigger than myself. Being able to make companies more efficient through computer technologies is very valuable. And if I was given the opportunity to teach I would do that as well, I love working with people.

When I'm interested in something, I make it into a life style. I'm a board member for a non-profit called Asifa, which helped me get started in the animation industry. The organization helps connect students with professionals through events. When I became a professional, it was easy to give back. Ending last year I was an Asifa Life Drawing instructor for 4 years.

I'm constantly attending animation events to improve my knowledge and connections for my career. I have been doing that in relations to web development as well. I have had meetings with Adobe as they survey my thoughts on what they should include for Flex 4. New York City is an exciting place there always things going on, I have attended events in the city to learn about new startups as well that are very inspiring.

In closing, I want to add one final thing that wouldn't be apparent in my application is that I'm currently enrolled at Hunter and will be taking undergraduate level classes in Computer Architecture I, Software Analyst I and Calculus. Which will be completed before Fall 2012 semester begins at NYU-Poly. I also run my own website written entirely by me using php and mySql. I don't want my degree in Animation and Film to hold me back in anyway. I hope to continue my studies at NYU-Poly.

Home / Graduate / 'attending animation events' - NY-Poly Personal Letter?