"the cement or the ceramic industry" - STUDIES IN CLAY SCIENCE

liza 1 / 1  
I WILL MUCH APPRECIATE IT IF ANY ONE COULD PASS COMMENTS OR MAKE CORRECTIONS AND MODIFICATION IN THIS MY MOTIVATIONAL LETTER.

This letter of motivation is expected to spell out reason why I should be selected for the graduate study and how helpful the program will be for my professional project. Please any commentor should indicate if this letter suits what is required. Thank you

MOTIVATION LETTER

"My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there"
- Charles F. Kettering (Inventor of the electric starter, 1876-1958)

And I strongly believe that the future is in "Advance Clay Science". The basic challenges to our society that require civil engineering talent are increasing in number and importance. They include housing an expanding population, addressing decaying urban infrastructure, maintaining our environment, and dealing with the effects of natural disasters and climate change. Addressing these challenges successfully will take a new kind of technological revolution which I believe Advance Clay Science is playing a key role. Underlying this believes is that, in the near future genetically engineered micro-organisms will be used in the manufacture of high-strength building materials. As quoted, the need to be creative and to think beyond the existing boundaries, will determine the technologies of the future and I want to be a part of such exciting endeavors. To achieve this I would like to pursue my Graduate Studies through the ---- in International Master in Advance Clay Science: Major in Geomaterials and civil engineering-Assessment and processing, Environment, Soil and Geological system. These I believe will enable me to be a part of research which would be at the forefront of such changes.

This believe has driven me to where I stand now, facing all the hardships of life but never giving up on the dream to contribute my quota in this field of study that would shape lives. Lucky to be exposed to ceramics in very early years of my life, I had the opportunity to research and compose clay bodies and earthenware glazes for wall tiles during my high level education. With much passion for in-depth study into earth material, and determination to further my education, I joined one of the prestigious science and technology institutes in Africa thus, ---- to study Industrial Art where I opted for Ceramics as my major.

The focus of the undergraduate training which was keenly on the science and technology of earth materials laid my foundation for further studies in Advance Clay Science. During my studies, I adopted a rigorous approach in order to attain an in-depth understanding of the subject at hand. Modules such as Ceramic processing methods, Chemistry, Colloid Chemistry in Ceramics, Ceramic Phase Equilibria, Building Material Technology, and Refractory Technology enthralled me and affirmed my decision of career choice as a Geotechnical Engineer in the ceramic or cement industry. I believe that studies in this field require logical and analytical thinking, problem solving ability, new concept and consistent effort to back them up. With these reasons and my capabilities, I opted for research based project in my final year of undergraduate to investigate into the effect of lime on soil stability and modification in road construction.

As my studies at undergraduate level progressed, I began admiring Albert Mauritz Atterberg for creating the Atterberg limits. His immense contribution in the study area influenced me to equip myself with professional research skills through an internship with ---in the course of June to July 2007. During this period, I had the opportunity to use ultra modern lab equipment to research into the effect of Magnesium Oxide on building materials and composed Bodies for Insulating bricks and crucibles. It was during this period I began to deeply appreciate the contribution of earth materials in the development of a nation and their enormous economic importance to the global construction industry. The processes in carrying out these roles made me more curious and heightened my quest for further pursuit of familiarity in modern research practices in Advance clay science.

Throughout my studies, I recognized critical problems facing the cement industries in Ghana. Since their establishment, major raw material for production such as Clinker and Gypsum has always been imported. This is causing constant raise in the price of cement. Hence making building and other developmental projects expensive for people to afford whilst the population increasing. As these problems exist, there is a vast deposit of these materials in the country for production. Acquisition of adequate knowledge and sharpening of my research skills through is programme will enable me to help combat this problem, by vividly investigating and bringing out real solutions and development to the main materials for the production in the country. An opportunity to enroll in this programme will also enable me to acquire in-depth knowledge and research into pozzolanic properties of clay and other raw materials to contribute significantly to the new birth of Pozzolana Cement in Ghana, introduced by the Late Dr Alex Ampem Hammond.

I desired to apply for International Master in Advance Clay Science due to the opportunities provided for students to have rich and robust professional practice and research skills. These attribute of the course suits my career aims thus, to demonstrate high level of research, planning, resourcing, implementation and evaluation, particularly in the cement and ceramic industry. More so, the prestige attached to the participating universities under the consortium and the adequate linguistic training will position me at an international level of the field of study. The compulsory mobility of the programme will also permit me to have an international exposure to tour countries I have always long to visit. The scholarship offered by the--- also motivated me to apply, due to financial relief it brings for brilliant students to pursue academic, social and career goals. More reason which stirred my desire is the multiple degrees which are awarded after successful completion of the programme which I believe will boost my credentials to fit into the professional field.

In conclusion, I am confident that knowledge and experience gained from this programme will enable me to play a prominent role in the cement or the ceramic industry. I fully understand the kind of dedication, perseverance and resolve, a graduate program calls for, and I am also aware that Masters Program in Advance Clay Science expects very high standard from its students. Yet I am confident that I possess the motivation, intellectual ability, and the preparation to set out on this exciting and grueling path. I look forward to join this Masters Programme in order to prove my abilities, gain new skills and come to the expectations. I as well look forward to exchanging my Cultural experiences, tradition and practices with students in Europe and from other countries.
eyelikefruit 1 / 1  
I saw that you haven't gotten any responses yet and thought I'd try to help out! I'm not an amazing editor or anything but I hope this helps a little. :)

If you have time, could you maybe check out my essay as well? It's very short.

And I strongly believe that the future is in "Advance Clay Science". The basic challenges to our society that require civil engineering talent are increasing in number and importance. They include housing an expanding population, addressing decaying urban infrastructure, maintaining our environment, and dealing with the effects of natural disasters and climate change. Addressing these challenges successfully will take a new kind of technological revolution in which I believe Advance Clay Science is playing a key role. Underlying this belief is that (i removed the comma here) in the near future genetically engineered micro-organisms will be used in the manufacture of high-strength building materials. As quoted, the need to be creative and to think beyond the existing boundaries (omit this comma as well) will determine the technologies of the future and I want to be a part of such exciting endeavors. To achieve this I would like to pursue my Graduate Studies through the ---- in International Master in Advance Clay Science: Major in Geomaterials and civil engineering-Assessment and processing, Environment, Soil and Geological system. This, I believe, will enable me to be a part of research which would be at the forefront of such changes.

This belief has driven me to where I stand now, facing all the hardships of life but never giving up on the dream to contribute my quota in this field of study that will(I think using "will" instead of "would" seems more convincing for your argument) shape lives. Lucky enough to be exposed to ceramics in very early years of my life, I had the opportunity to research and compose clay bodies and earthenware glazes for wall tiles during my high level education. With much passion for in-depth study into earth material, and determination to further my education, I joined one of the prestigious science and technology institutes in Africa thus, ---- to study Industrial Art where I opted for Ceramics as my major.

The focus of the undergraduate training, which was keenly focused on the science and technology of earth materials, laid my foundation for further studies in Advance Clay Science. During my studies, I adopted a rigorous approach in order to attain an in-depth understanding of the subject at hand. Modules such as Ceramic processing methods, Chemistry, Colloid Chemistry in Ceramics, Ceramic Phase Equilibria, Building Material Technology, and Refractory Technology enthralled me and affirmed my decision of career choice as a Geotechnical Engineer in the ceramic or cement industry. I believe that studies in this field require logical and analytical thinking, problem solving ability, new concepts and a consistent effort to back them up. With these reasons and my capabilities, I opted for research based project in my final year of undergraduate to investigate into the effect of lime on soil stability and modification in road construction.

Throughout my studies, I recognized critical problems facing the cement industries in Ghana. Since their establishment, major raw material for production such as Clinker and Gypsum has always been imported. This is causing constant raise in the price of cement. Hence making building and other developmental projects expensive for people to afford whilst the population increasing. As these problems exist, there is a vast deposit of these materials in the country for production. Acquisition of adequate knowledge and sharpening of my research skills through is programme will enable me to help combat this problem (I removed a comma here) by vividly investigating and bringing out real solutions and development to the main materials for the production in the country. An opportunity to enroll in this programme will also enable me to acquire in-depth knowledge and research into pozzolanic properties of clay and other raw materials to contribute significantly to the new birth of Pozzolana Cement in Ghana, introduced by the Late Dr Alex Ampem Hammond.

I desired to apply for International Master in Advance Clay Science due to the opportunities provided for students to have rich and robust professional practice and research skills. These attribute of the course suits my career aims thus, to demonstrate high level of research, planning, resourcing, implementation and evaluation, particularly in the cement and ceramic industry. More so, the prestige attached to the participating universities under the consortium and the adequate linguistic training will position me at an international level of the field of study. The compulsory mobility of the programme will also permit me to have an international exposure to tour countries I have always longed to visit. The scholarship offered by the--- also motivated me to apply, due to the financial relief it brings for brilliant students in order to pursue academic, social and career goals. More reason which stirred my desire is the multiple degrees which are awarded after successful completion of the programme which I believe will boost my credentials to fit into the professional field.

In conclusion, I am confident that knowledge and experience gained from this programme will enable me to play a prominent role in the cement or the ceramic industry. I fully understand the kind of dedication, perseverance, and resolve a graduate program calls for, and I am also aware that Masters Program in Advance Clay Science expects very high standard from its students. (Removed "Yet") I am confident that I possess the motivation, intellectual ability, and the preparation to set out on this exciting and grueling path. I look forward to join this Masters Programme in order to prove my abilities, gain new skills and come to the expectations. I as well look forward to exchanging my Cultural experiences, tradition and practices with students in Europe and from other countries.
"Advance Clay Science"

Should this say Advanced instead of Advance?

The basic challenges to our society require civil engineering talent to increase in importance.

This should not be capitalized: ...to pursue my graduate studies through...

Don't say "I believe." It is always a weak approach to writing a sentence: I believe that Studies in this field require logical and analytical thinking, problem solving ability, new concepts , and consistent effort

I also as well look forward to exchanging my Cultural cultural experiences, tradition and practices with students in Europe and from other countries.

:-) You are very impressive, Liza!!

Home / Graduate / "the cement or the ceramic industry" - STUDIES IN CLAY SCIENCE