How to deal with the issues of flooding in the city.

Gary Gan 1 / 1  
We often gain some information from TV that some cities in the north are flooded by heavy rains, some towns in the south are run into chaos by heavy snows. These extreme weathers put more challenges on city planners and authorities. And they are usually considered as an critical examination to the city planning, the city management and the ability to quickly response to these kinds of extreme weathers.

So, what should city planners do to deal with this? I firmly believe that city planners should make the development scheme of the city according to the forecasting of extreme weather might be occurred. For example, they can design the drainage system under the ground according to the maximum amount of rains within 100 years. Also, they need to improve the width and angle of road, in order to enhance the efficiency of the drainage system. Besides, during the design, they can reduce the density of the building on the ground, decrease the area of the hard ground, and make more room for the grassland and other plants. Thus, plenty of rains can penetrate into the earth directly.

In addition to, I also put up with some suggestions for dealing with these serious situation. Firstly, the authorities of the city should timely inform all of the citizens that what kind of extreme weather will be coming and what scale of magnitude it is, through the advanced weather forecasting techniques. The citizens should be advised to stay at home and reduce activities outside in order to reduce the unnecessary damage or injury. Secondly, the authorities should work out a set of detailed and available emergency plan to response to extreme weather. In case, they can instantly execute this set of emergency plan in order to reduce the damage to the public transportation system, electrical power system, and other public facilities.

To sum up, the city planners and authorities could take more effective and efficient measures to deal with these kinds of issues. I hope that citizens could live in a safe and perfect city in the future, just like the slogan, Better city Better life.
nuni11 33 / 30 5  
...the ability to quickly response quickly to these kinds

...what should city planners do to deal with this issue ?

...make more room for the grasslands and other plants

In addition to , I also putcome up with some suggestions

...the authorities of the city should timely inform all of the citizens frequently

...work out a set of detailed and available emergency plan to response to the extreme weather

Home / Graduate / How to deal with the issues of flooding in the city.