PERSONAL STATEMENT FOR KGSP/GKS graduate Scholarship/ MBA - International Business Major

najamin 1 / -  
I'm going to apply the next year, so I hope there will be room for improvement. Any kind of feedback is seriously well received :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is a quote by Victor Hugo that I really like: "The future has many meanings. For the weak, the future is impossible. For those who are always afraid, it is unknown. As for the brave, the future is opportunity." Everyone has their own dreams, their own future, no one is the same. And so am I, because the future is an opportunity, so I have to set my own dreams and goals, and what I need to do is realize it with all I have and strive hard non-stop. I want you to see in me the future orientation, determination, effort, and personal qualities that make me a potential candidate and someone who you believe the Korean government scholarship will be a force for good choice and suitable for me.

Since high school, I have had an interest in business, but it only stops there because there are no qualifications to dig deep, I am curious about the world, how people operate it and vice versa. After being exposed to the university environment, I gradually understood the concepts of Business, international, economics. But it's also just a level of understanding, and what I want to get is far beyond what I have. I would like to know more about how today's specialty plays out, what the benefits and disadvantages that come with it, a lot of questions and I want to be answered. I myself am a learner, disciplined, determined and have a clear purpose, because of this I participated in the academic event with the desire to develop myself continuously.

While preparing for the university entrance exam, I gradually understood that I would major in economics and business. I researched and searched for information about universities in Vietnam related to the major I wanted and I chose Thuong Mai University as my next destination after graduating from high school. During 3 years of studying at Thuong Mai, thanks to the help of the school and specialized subject lecturers, I have accumulated more specialized knowledge for myself, gained a solid foundation, and discovered Many other aspects of the major include trading, management, economics, banking, securities, and insurance, so I have helped myself form a more general view of the research field.

In my second year of university, I participated in the H-invest "personal financial management" contest and in my third year in the "Smart Money contest" - Correct understanding of money organized by the school and faculty. This is a competition held once a year to maintain and apply specialized knowledge to help students develop themselves. Each contest is different, each time there will be a different debate topic, the competing teams will be divided into presenting, expressing their opinions and debating critically with other groups. Luckily, both times I participated, I was trusted by the members and took on the leader position. This is an honor and therefore a responsibility and motivation for me to try. Along with the leader position, I am also responsible for presenting and conveying the group's opinions to teachers and other students. Having an opportunity like this come to me is a blessing. In order not to disappoint everyone's trust, I helped the group outline what needed to be done, choose a common direction for the group to aim for, and participate with everyone participate in data collection and edit debate content. During the process of participating in the competition, continue to participate in debating opinions with other teams, expressing personal and group stances on the competition, leading the team through the competition rounds. Although we did not have a chance to receive a high prize in both competitions, I took it as my motivation and honor during my time in college. Thanks to that, I have gained more confidence in myself, can freely express my opinions, my awareness, train discipline and critical thinking, discuss many areas of interest, and have a lot of exposure to practical knowledge, and I also practice and accumulate more teamwork experience combined with leadership skills. Not only that, through these competitions I met great instructors, they supported me and gave me ideas to help me improve, and met friends with the same passion and great efforts, therefore I took that as my motivation to constantly learn and develop myself better. Every competition is a new opportunity for me, I have the opportunity to meet better people, people who make efforts, learn many new things, and come into contact with many different environments. Thanks to my own efforts and study efforts, I successfully completed the major "Banking and Finance" program after 3 years. And is one of 7 students honored to be rewarded by the school in the 3 school years 2019-2023. I am very happy to have received this achievement, it is proof that effort is never too much, thanks to that I value myself more, so always try your best, be confident and try your best will achieve success in life.

Besides studying, I also spent time participating in volunteer activities. Thanks to my own ability and everyone's trust, I was assigned the position of "event head" of the volunteer team of the faculty and school for 2 consecutive years. During my volunteer trips to remote areas and difficult places through programs such as "Warm Winter" "Green Summer" "Spring of Love" "Mid-Autumn Festival for You", as the head of the department, I am the one who the right leader for planning and managing trip activities as well as team members. I'm the person who comes up with ideas and coordinates people to carry out public works, the person who guides people about what tasks each trip includes, connects everyone in the team to work together, and supervises them monitor the activities that occur during the trip, be the person who guides everyone about what tasks each trip includes. In this position, I learn more about the ability to work in teams, coordinate personnel, improve sensitivity, handle situations and be steadfast to be able to perform well in a leadership role. Every experience, every motion is a valuable experience for me, and most importantly, It's my chance to learn to be more confident, accumulate a lot of experience for myself.

In addition to participating in activities at school, I also spent time participating in fairs and festivals related to Korea organized by the Korean Embassy in Vietnam. Things seem very far away, things that I can only see through screens and movies, but here I have experienced making my own Korean dishes "Kimchi and Kimpap", which is an honor for me when exposed to Korean people at such a close distance. Through this job, I feel that I really more falling in love with Korea. The embassy has spread Korean culture in Vietnam, which is a bridge for future ventures in the field of relations internationally, because the participants are all people who love Korea and want to understand more about Korea, which partly motivated my desire to study in Korea. In addition, I also understand the reality of how welders work very hard and try their best before starting work, I have experienced this in reality without having to go through books or news. They work very seriously and effectively, and it is also true to what I hope in the future I will be someone with the same qualities as them. They are an additional motivation for me, that's why I work even harder believe and realize that my choice to study abroad in Korea is the right thing. Korea is a developing country not only in education but also in economy, service, and commerce, so I believe that Korea will be an environment where I can immerse myself and integrate into it.

After the festival, it left me with many impressions about Korea. As an economics major, I began to learn more about Korea for the major I was pursuing. Korea was one of the poorest countries in the world in 1960. After many efforts to improve and develop, it is now ranked 10th in GDP and 28th in population (according to 2020). Korea is also a country transitioning from a country receiving aid to a country giving aid to developed countries. I think that if I study international business in Korea, I can learn a lot from development experience. Korea's aid and development perspective will also be completely different from other developed countries because Korea went from poor to developed country. As an economics student, I see the continuous development of Korea, which is the goal of many developing countries. I believe these things will be suitable for Vietnam and other developing countries day now. In addition, Korea is also a good opportunity and a suitable choice for other countries. Currently, Korea is the country with the largest ODA to Vietnam and I hope to use ODA capital reasonably and effectively. I hope that in the future I will be able to interact and work with international cooperation organizations. I hope to work at KOICA or organizations on sustainable development and business development in Korea so that I can contribute to the development of Vietnam and the world. And in the future, I want to become a university lecturer, researching and teaching about international business cooperation in Vietnam.

After graduating from university, I felt that my university knowledge was not enough for me to be able to do the job I wanted and I wanted to continue studying for a master's program in economics and will be able to study a master's program in Korea. I started researching universities with master's programs in economics in Korea, and one school that left an impression on me was Hanyang University. Hanyang University has been producing graduates who stand out in Korea's leading companies and organizations such as Samsung, LG and Hyundai. Hanyang University ranks in the top in Korea with one teacher-to-student ratio per nine students,has produced many of the world's finest who have shape our world across all sectors, therefore this is a great thing for me to be able to meet and interact with talented people, excellent students, experts, and good teachers around the world. Furthermore, Hanyang is recognized as a Korea's leading university education institution, located in the capital Seoul where the economy is vibrant in the country. With Hanyang's location and reputation, intensifying my skills by applying theories to real-world scenarios is more than possible. Building a diplomatic career, I think, starts from the right school and being among the right people who will hone my focus and fuel my passion, with a space to do the same for my colleagues, my juniority. The curriculum at Hanyang does not only focus on the theory and practice of international affairs, but emphasizes community service and offers an in-depth analysis of international economic, cultural, and political issues, a distinct attribute I reckon with. I firmly believe that Hanyang as my next stop is the right and suitable choice.

During my days of searching for study options that fit what I wanted and suited me at university, and partly for my future, I came across the GKS program, it makes me really care more about Korea. I compared what GKS could offer me in terms of future job opportunities and at the time of comparing it with other programs, I decided that GKS was definitely what I wanted to aim for. One special thing about GKS for me is that the Korean language classes for a year upon arrival in Korea are a great thing for any scholar including me. Therefore, I always appreciate being exposed to new ways of thinking, writing and thinking. For me, learning Korean and integrating into their country will definitely be a great opportunity not only for my knowledge but also for myself and my perspective on the world. Studying at Hanyang through the GKS Scholarship will be a stepping stone towards achieving my career goals and growing my knowledge in relation to South Korea, solidifying my language skills and gaining experience in government work.

'Life gives you one opportunity, if you were smart you will grab it in your both hands and teeth" and I'm willing to grab my opportunity in both my hands and teeth. I know that the scholarship will look for the most suitable person not the best, I might not be the best academic applicant applying, but I hope that with what I have shown to you, I will become the right candidate for this scholarship. And I look forward to going to the next round of the Korean government agency.

next year, so I hope there will be room for improvement. Any kind of feedback is seriously well received :)
I understand that you want to prepare early for the application season and that is a very good thing. It will give you enough time to develop several versions of your personal statement that might be usable for your future application. Actually, since the scholarship personal statement tends to change in content requirement each season, you may find that you do not have an actual single essay that you can use for your application. Rather, you will find yourself taking bits and pieces from your various versions, then piecing it together to form a new and more compliant essay. That said, it is important for you to create a second version of your essay that focuses less on your undergraduate academic exposure. You should focus a bit more on your professional experiences that would prove your ability to perform and complete the MBA program when the time comes.

Home / Graduate / PERSONAL STATEMENT FOR KGSP/GKS graduate Scholarship/ MBA - International Business Major